Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i wireless questions:

The Magician

I've been looking at the V3i and all sounds good except there's one disturbing feature I would like cleared up In the v3_story_booklet.pdf.

The CYWM modules also serve to transmit and receive program data
between two or more Spectra V3 detectors. This transfer feature allows for
development of custom programs to be shared via a wireless pathway.

This might infer that there is a transmitting beacon transmitting at all times. Hopefully this is not the case, so the question is can you make sure there is NOTHING being transmitted at all times wirelessly, with this detector?

From what I know the V3i does not transmit data. If I recall correctly, due to some other manufacturers patent, the data sharing function was deactivated/removed from the vision series.

The only wireless function you have going on with the V is the wireless headphone link that you can turn off in the menu's if you don't want to use headphones.

I'm not sure exactly what you were concerned about with the "transmitting beacon" but I hope that I answered your question. -Marc

That feature was in the V3 only.

It seems that you're referring to the older V's (Vision and V3). The V3i does not use the wireless transfer between two detectors. White's scraped this idea back in '09. Don't know why I thought it would of been nice to share custom programs with other V3i users. So not to worry if you purchased or going purchase a new V3i. As can recall there is not a continuous "transmitting beacon transmitting at all time" as you say.

In the complete owners guide - Spectra V3 (dated: 4/09) on the bottom of page 30 continuing to page 31 describes the "allowing of sharing programs" . . .transfer. Now I have this feature in my old Vision but it is turned off, so no transmitting beacon.

Hope that eases your mind.

Good Luck,

TC-nm

I never used the transfer feature the whole time I had my V3. It was dropped because of a compatibility problem not a patent issue. The transfer could only be done if the detectors were in close proximity. Now that 2 other detectors are doing it over the INTERNET, who know next time.

The patent did cause trouble, excuse me.

I guess we should dump our wireless phones, Hmm? Even if the feature was still there I would chance it.:stars: