Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i with 12x15 sef coil

smoloney

I have viewed a lot of posts on this combination and was wandering if anyone had what they consider the perfect program for beach hunting with SEF 12x15 coil and the V3I? I typically am a plug an play person and don't tinker with the programs but i read the advertising on this coil and decided to give it a try. A friend recommended this forum for assistance on breaking out of my box and start trying some different setups, from what i have read just running the salt beach may not work. Hope I get some good info. (RX Gain, transmit boost, can i run two of the frequencies since reading the one is out or do I only run one frequency) Happy digging

First the 12x15 shouldn't gain you anything but coverage on the beach. On the beach a concentric coil would be a better choice, the 9.5 or 12". On the beach usually a RX14 or 15 can be run and the 12x15 not being a V rated coil will be limited in the amount of gain it can run.

Why wouldn't the salt beach program work? Where did you read it? You can't run 2 frequencies, it's 1 or 3 and salt compensate will not work with a single frequency.

The salt beach program is a good program. All you have to do is run your gains and sensitivity as high as you can while keeping the detector stable. I like mixed mode or stereo mixed mode with the program.

In a way, you can run two frequency in the correlate mode.............. you just can't pick which two of the three, The V picks the best two for the target under the coil. I have to agree with Rob that the Conical coils seems to be the coil of choice on the salt water beaches and I would think the 12X15 would get pretty heavy after a couple of hours. I would want to use the 12" conical if I were beach hunting with the V.

Also you really need to be at (your Beach) with the V3 and your SEF coil, as not all Beach's are the same. Like Rob says, start with the stock Beach program

Two things are going to happen here after you ground balance , while at your Beach. 1st thing , The V will just overload ( turn down your gains / sensitivity to be stable)

Or The 2nd thing ...... it will run smoothly at the stock Beach Program (you can turn up your gains / sensitivity) .......... It just boils down to your Beach's mineralization & EMI conditions.

I hunt at 3 different Beach's, and I need 3 different programs and the Three Beach's I hunt are only 20 miles apart

Good luck on your new coil & HH

Ok used it for about 4-1/2 hrs today, had to drop my RX to 8 thing drove your crazy beeping and bopping, tried several different settings this seemed to be the best. Seemed to go crazy as i went from the dry sand to the different stages of wet sand. Solved that with a good ground balance as it changed. It didn't like the wettest sand at the waters edge much not sure what to do with that, any suggestions? With the stock DD coil typically would only GB once. The weight of the coil didnt bother me much i like the ground coverage you get with this coil. Pin pointing is a bit more of a challenge but worth it for the coverage. No Gold today but found a lot of the typical stuff. along with 2 pair prescription glasses one adult , one child's also found $1.30 in change 2 pair sunglasses one is junk the other is a pair of oakly splinter glasses either $115 or $215 if polarized plus a child's costume jewelry ring. All in all i am pleased i am no expert on this but seemed to do fine it was typical day at the beach of course the rings are bonus days, Cheers! Steve

But if you compare that to being able to RX 14 or 15 with the 12" concentric with less weight. What like of signal% is the coil running at RX 8?

The 12"conical has proven itself on the salt water beaches, I would give it a try.

I used the 12 x 10 on the V3 and it was not on long. The Stock 10 is the best coil I have used.

It's been a long time Toddy. Did you do any videos with the V? ROB