Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i With a SunRay Probe ???

St Bernard

I have a new V3i detector and really think it is great. I bought a SunRay Probe for it. I installed it and I was not happy with it because of the extra cables hanging down and having to keep it almost right next to the place I dig and can not being able to set it away over the length of the cable on the probe. I found it much easier to use the TRX pin pointer and not have cables to deal with. I know now I am going to sell it and use pin pointers only. Thanks
------------------
Bill

St Bernard said:
I have a new V3i detector and really think it is great. I bought a SunRay Probe for it. I installed it and I was not happy with it because of the extra cables hanging down and having to keep it almost right next to the place I dig and can not being able to set it away over the length of the cable on the probe. I found it much easier to use the TRX pin pointer and not have cables to deal with. I know now I am going to sell it and use pin pointers only. Thanks
------------------
Bill

SunRay probes IMPO are way overrated and simply add forward weight to any detector. I already discriminated the target with the detector.

I replaced my DX-1 with the TRX also just because of the weight factor.

My DX-1 was removed also because of the weight. The cabling was never a problem once I figure how to loop it around the V3i handgrip and back to it's mount for ease of use. There are folks I know that love it They are younger then me.

I only use my DX-1 in the woods where there are a lot of leaves or debris so I won't put down my Pro-pointer & lose it. Just faster & more convenient to use the hand held Pro-pointer. If I had a TRX with a "lost" alarm I would use it in the woods too. (donations welcomed:biggrin:)

I had contacted them about a probe for a Garrett AT Pro and was told that they are no longer manufacturing probes of any kind.. I guess they are selling off the inventory they have in stock? Those probes are both interesting and pointless (no pun intended). As one of the posters pointed out, you've already pinpointed the item with the detector. If you're really worried about losing a pinpointer, make up a lanyard for it.

I like the Sunray in-line probes.

I didn't like the weight on the lower rod so I mount the probe under the arm. Most of the time I just walk around holding it in my free hand if I'm in a target rich environment. Have thought about just adding a hook on my arm rest and a loop on the base of the probe and just hang it there rather than mess with popping it in and out of the clips.

I use Sunray probes on my Fisher and Tek units too. I like them as I can hunt silent. I can hunt silent with my TRX set on vibrate but I perfer hearing the target rather than feeling the target.

HH
Mike

I love the DX-1. I really enjoy pinpointing in either the discriminate mode or triggering for the VCO pinpoint while not needing additional batteries for a stand alone pin pointer. I have the DX-1 mounted on the upper rod and makes for a fast setup when digging in trashy sites. Is the extra weight a problem? Not really, it's light as a feather compared to my Explorer and X-1 also mounted on the upper rod. :whites:

Well now that I've finished my bowl of crow, I have to admit that I really like my DX-1..Which I bought shortly after I called it 'pointless".
It won't take the place of a TRX, but it's really handy, especially once you get the hang of using it. Not as much depth, but I really find it to be useful...

I rook my DX1 off to me and my friend we think they make them run eratic at times. But as far as weight I see no issues with them

You know, you may have qa point. I am on my second V3i and this one has been erratic since the day I got it (about a month and a half ago). I just had to send my 10'D2 coil back to them as it wasn't working. I had disconnected my DX-1 for the same reason, but I didn't really see any difference. But it still could be a weak link. As the machine isn't build anymore(DX-1) I don't know what kind of service or checking could be available. And on the other hand, I can't really see what could affect the machine from teh DX-1. It's really only a intermediate shunt that switches one coil to the other. I'd wager it's pretty simple inside the box.

I know I have had to remove the DX-1 from my V3i because none of the coils worked properly falsing and a lot of chatter. When I ran the coils straight tot he whites box things got much better. I even have done a master reset. Removing the DX-1 fixed it for me.

My guess is something was wrong with the DX-1selector switch, it should not have affected the proper operation of the coils. It sounds like maybe a faulty ground wire. :shrug:

I mount mine on the Box and don't have the forward weight it helps a lot.
Don