Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i...yeah, I finally got a White's

GoVidGo

Got a new V3i and wireless headphones coming in....should be here in a few days!

I have been hammering the ground for the last year with my Etrac and AT Pro. Before that, I have had a lot of other detectors, some top-of-the-line, but never owned a White's for some reason.

The V3i always looks like it is a sweet machine so I ordered it up today. I also ordered a rain/dust cover for the head from a few X-military guys who custom make their own nice gear.

My V3i should be in in about 3-4 days....

Anything additional I should get... must haves? It comes with the 10" DD coil.

Any tips I need to know regarding basic programing? (I am very computer savy. I designed the 'Etrac Target Card' as well as Andy Sabich's 'Modified Parks Program', as well as a Technetics T2 program mod (mimicked the basic F75 program on the board), when I had my T2....

So many White's fans on here and in my local club... I can't wait to get the V3i !....

With your experience Viddy you shouldn't have much of a problem catching on to the V3i. Don't let the magnitude of adjustability overwhelm you, most are just a convenience and not a necessity. Once you understand the basics in the getting started booklet, you are on your way. The live menu bar will be your best friend and I would suggest spending a little extra time understanding it.

Go to the top of the threads and click on Rob's Reference links and go through them, they are probably the best reading available on the V3i.

Things you might want in the future is a SunRay DX-1 and maybe a smaller coil. Good luck Viddy.

I forgot to suggest starting off with the Hi Pro program Viddy, it is pretty much set up the way I think you would want it except your personal preferences.

thanks for the tips!

I just sold my Etrac because my V3 has proven at least for me that it is far and away the more versatile detector. Maybe I got a hot one but it is just super fun to use and finds silver in hard hunted spots. I've messed around with all the settings and to be honest I've found the stock programs to be the best with a few minor tweaks. Alot of thought went into each program and so far they have proven to be excellent. This is my second V3 and the one thing that makes all the difference is having V-rated coils that are properly nulled. When the coils are properly nulled this is an awesome detector.

michaelnc said:
I just sold my Etrac because my V3 has proven at least for me that it is far and away the more versatile detector. Maybe I got a hot one but it is just super fun to use and finds silver in hard hunted spots. I've messed around with all the settings and to be honest I've found the stock programs to be the best with a few minor tweaks. Alot of thought went into each program and so far they have proven to be excellent. This is my second V3 and the one thing that makes all the difference is having V-rated coils that are properly nulled. When the coils are properly nulled this is an awesome detector.

I sold my etrac also, head to head they where close in depth. But becuase I hunt really trashy areas I needed the additional adjustability of the v3i. I have no regrets whatsoever.

The Etrac does a lot of things automatically. It basically sets itself up automatically for everything and the ground/conditions. No ground tracking, it picks the best of 28 frequencies, adjusts the sensitivity, etc. Great preprogrammed search patterns too. Minelab did a great job at this and it attracts a lot of users. If you are 'turn-on-and-go' for a + $1000 detector... it's happiness. If you are like me, the tweeker, the Etrac auto adjusts everything... AND THEN I over-ride it and adjust it to run my pattern, with boosts, HOT sensitivity, and custom thresholds, masks, nulls, and notches. I am the one that did the original 'Etrac Target Card', and redid Andy Sabich's Park Program into a sweet coin-nailing program.
This is what turned me onto getting a V3i. I never owned a White's machine, but they did their homework on the V3i and for the tweeker like me, it's sweet sunshine! As soon as I turned the V3i on and blindly rolled thru the menus, the spectragraph, filters, adjustments, options, etc, I was excited!
I also used the AT Pro in 2012 besides the Etrac. I will say that the AT Pro in ProMode can hang with the T2/F75 on lightning fast, hit targets decently deep, and I proved it's waterproof in the Outer Banks, NC in the waves and underwater. The AT Pro will be my back-up detector for a long while. It's a friggin tank! The VDI/tones can not compare to the Etrac or V3i, but way better than anything under the $1000 price-point.
Everyone has their own style. Everyone has their own expectations. Everyone has their own limits. Everyone has their own obsessions.
The Etrac has been known as the 'hot high-tech detector, hot on silver (and the CTx3030 is a dressed up Etrac). I got the next year, this year, to learn the V3i, and tweek it out. I am obsessive compulsive, a programming and tech-nut, and not happy until the V3i is run as HOT as it will go and maxed out in where I am hunting. I am gonna see what I can do.