Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vacation Week

doc1964

Hunted locally for a few hours last Tuesday and got 2 Mercs ('39 and '42) as well as some wheaties. Wednesday, I took the family up north through the weekend and of course, did some hunting with my brothers. We hit a few new spots that yielded little, so it was back to the old pounded spots in town - amazing that they still give up good finds (although you really have to work for them). 19 wheats total for the week (1910 the oldest), a 1907 V-Nickel, a 1916 buffalo, 2 Barber dimes (1899 and 1907), 7 Indians ('65, '78, '83, '89, '95, '98 and a no-date), a decorative silver plate from something, a lead bale seal (C. M. P. CO), what looks like an old scriber, a cool old marble, a brass army shirt button, an ivory shirt button, an old heart pin with "Maxine" engraved on it and an old Ford key. Lots of fun with the bros.

Some good finds there. Do the nickels in your area always come out looking shiny like that?

Doc nice hunt ,Lot's of variety there , good places always give up more good coins if you work for them . sube

The nickels come out pretty grungy - I used lemon juice to soak them in and rubbed them with SOS pads to clean 'em up.. HH

dougj7 said:
Some good finds there. Do the nickels in your area always come out looking shiny like that?

What a weekend!