Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish 540 question

Wild Willy

Not sure this is the right place so: Does the Vanquish 540 have a place to ground balance? I 've looked at the on-line manual and nothing is mentioned (that I can find) about G.B. Is it fixed, automatic, et.? Any help is appreciated.

Since it is a multi frequency detector, from what I see there is no ground balance feature on it.
My guess is it like the Equinox with the ground balance set at 0.

Here is how I look at it. If I can use the 540 successfully here in Colorado, and I do, where the GB is usually in the high 80s and mineralization bars are usually about half or better and it can also be used in saltwater successfully, there is something going on with the ground cancelling system (GB).

Thanks guys. Makes sense to me. Now I will have to worry about something else. This is what happens when you retire with a little extra time on your hands. Do we really have time on our hands? Now that I look at that sentence it doesn't make sense.