Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish

Texan

Just got my 540 in the mail. Build quality is nice and solid(lot more solid than Ace series). The 8 inch coil is sweet.

Well be curious how you like it? Will be waiting for the posts and NO PRESSURE lol just kidding congrats!!!!!

Mike K "Ohio"

Congrats on getting the Vanquish. What I think would interest
most of us in this forum is how does it stack up against the Equinox

relicmeister said:
Congrats on getting the Vanquish. What I think would interest
most of us in this forum is how does it stack up against the Equinox

There have already been comparisons and the V is NOT a contender against the EQX. Many reports of poor depth and poor iron separation.

Quake said:
Wish minelab would of made a 8" coil for the equinox...
I’d much rather see a 5x10 DD like the one they make for the Exterra series . Wit that coil you could get into tight places and also cover more ground faster.

Doug

I have the Vanquish 340 since I already have a Nox 600. I wanted something I could leave at my 90 year old parent's house 1500 miles away so I wouldn't have to pack a detector or leave one there that had internal rechargeable batteries (like a Deus Lite or Nox 600) that need refreshing. No way are my parents going to be able to handle that task!!!!. I have nieces and nephews that like to hunt with me too, so they will have an easy to use, light weight and really adjustable detector that actually works very well for what it is.

I really like the 340 so far. It really does seem to be a totally entry level Equinox. It sounds and acts very much like the Equinox, the controls are similar and even with the 10"x7" V10 coil it will easily hit and correctly identify 8" low and high conductor US coins in all three search modes thanks to Multi IQ simultaneous multi frequencies I guess. I really like the build quality and the nice adjustable shafts that will fit just about anybody. The 340 only has 3 tones so I have to look at the screen more often. It is my understanding that all three search modes use the same recovery speed and iron bias which cannot be adjusted. That has been my experience so far. It will give medium and high tones on crown bottle caps which are broken up and null a lot so the iron bias setting must be pretty high. That does make the 340 which does not have the high/low iron bias switch, pretty slow to recover in thick iron. On the great side, it can hit targets AND identify them in my test bed that only the Equinox has been able to hit and identify and I have tested lots of very famous mid level detectors on these targets. Most will hit them, none can identify them. It will also hit extremely small low and high conductor targets too easily like micro gold jewelry and even hit a 2/10 gram gold nugget at 3" in my test bed!!!

So, the 340 is an excellent entry level detector. I would happily use it in tot lots, bark playgrounds, open fields and parks with low trash levels, soccer, football and baseball fields and even at a fresh or saltwater beach in wet or dry sand.

Jeff

Texan said:
Just got my 540 in the mail. Build quality is nice and solid(lot more solid than Ace series). The 8 inch coil is sweet.

That funny cause I thought the exact opposite?

I don't expect the vanquish to perform as good as the nox. I am very curious about the 8 " coil. If I could buy an 8 or 9 inch coil for the nox I wouldn't need the vanquish. I am use to cutting out all sound on the 800 of targets I don't want to detect while leaving the notch fully open. I will have to set a notch on the vanquish for trashy sites.I wish minilab would listen more to their customers like some other companies and produce more coil sizes for the nox. Their marketing scheme seems to be buy a vanquish if you want the 8" coil on smf.

The Vanquish coils cannot be used on the Equinox unless you can make some kind of adaptor. Even then it still might not work. They have to have different pin-outs as the Vanquish plug is 7 pin normal sized (like most USA manufacturers) while the Equinox plug is 8 pin and much smaller in diameter.

Jeff

Jeff, had they made the pins the same they would have a ton more owners of these products.

I hear you can inter change coils on the Garrett’s - like the At pro and At Gold even though the company doesn’t talk about it

Tony

I'd love to see Minelab allow third party coil makers like Coiltek or even NEL (gasp...I loved my NEL Thunder coil on my Xterra 705 so much so it rarely ever came off once I got it) to produce new coils for the Equinox. Unfortunately, I think it is the paranoia of losing trade secrets in the coil chips that keeps them from allowing it. Fair enough since no other companies have a BBS/FBS multi-freq capability but still it would be a boon for us consumers and a license revenue intake for Minelab.

i think aftermarket will eventually build coils for the nox.. as far as the vanquish 540 goes , i really like mine. i have the nox 800 and 600 and a 540 that will be used for loaner, throw in camper, keep in truck etc. ive used it several times and feel it has a good build quality and great performance .. its not equinox good, but its way better than garretts at pro, ace 250-400 etc.