Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Decision

mortarman

Hello All, My name is Scott and I'm brand new here. I need all you Tesoro devotees to help me make a decision. I've been looking at the Vaquero for my second first machine. I guess I should clarify that. I had a Fisher 1270X quite a while ago, like 8 years ago and used it a few times and really liked it but had to sell it for financial reasons. Have been out of the hobby since so now I want to get back into it and looking for my second first machine. I've also been looked at a Fisher F4 and a Garrett Ace 350.(sorry for mentioning them in here!) So can you give me the push toward the Tesoro? Is it really a hot machine that can go as deep as I've read? I'd just like to get some honest opinions from people that have the experience. Maybe some of you have also tried the others I've mentioned. Thanks! :happy:

BTW, I'm from New jersey if there's anyone else out there!

I was at a civil war battle field today and found an axe head that was 18" deep, it had a good signal tone and I could tell it was something big when I was pinpointing the spot to dig. This is only the 4th time out with the Vaquero and I love it.

I wouldn't be afraid to put my Vaquero up against detectors costing twice as much......it is very deep and sensitive to tiny objects at great depths. Like oldcoon said, supertune the Vaquero and it goes even deeper. It is light as a feather and is an absolute joy to hunt with.
One thing for sure, you won't be sending it in every few weeks to get something fixed on it. It is very well built with high quality parts. How many other companies offer a lifetime warranty? None. Go ahead and buy the Vaquero, it will be the best money you ever spent on a detector.

Roger

I can't speak about depth too much because my soil is some of the worst in the country.
Even E-Traks around here don't get too much more than 7 inches in my soil, just like my Vaq.

I can say I have dug tiny little rivets off of kids jeans and other pieces of metal so tiny I could not find them in the palm of my hand with a Propointer...and I found these pieces in tot lot chips with no mineralization at 12 inches and even deeper.
A solid, repeatable tone, too...not a whisper signal.

I usually do hunt supertuned, and if you look up Monty's directions on Power Balancing, I am happy to report this technique really does bring in weak signals much better, and other silent, deeper signals that were not there before will appear.

Sounds like I know which way I'm going to go(like I needed that much persuation) :biggrin: I guess the only thing that kept me on the fence was the visual target ID's that the others had. The 1270X didn't have any and I remember back then whishing I had it. But now I'm older and wiser. Thanks everyone!!

Sounds like I know which way I'm going to go(like I needed that much persuasion) :biggrin: I guess the only thing that kept me on the fence was the visual target ID's that the others had. The 1270X didn't have any and I remember back then wishing I had it. But now I'm older and wiser. Thanks everyone!!

Well don't change your mind now, took me ages to decide and I just ordered my new Vaquero, they say delivery Monday :clapping:

i've had them and loved them both, the advantages with the tesoro are alot lighter, 1 9volt battery, better sensiitivity to gold, lifetime warranty, more accessorie coil selection, when you come across silver very smooth no crackle with the signal and won't disc out and is very deadly with a SEF coil once you spend a little time with it!

Congrats on your purchase! I am hoping to have a buyer for my F5 tomorrow and if she does snag it, the Vaquero will be my next machine!

I have a Vaquero and the Fisher F5, I like both machines depending on the type of hunting I'm doing. I can tell you the V has a depth advantage, regularly gets coins at 7&8", I have dug dimes@10+ inches, it will hit tiny objects(bird shot etc) better than the F5.

Hi Scott
I have a Vaquero now for about a year and it's the best MD I own. I also own an Etrac, MXT and Sovereign GT. If you go to youtube and type '53Silver you can see
my videos on using the Vaquero. I tried to keep them instructive. Get the Vaquero!
Good hunting
Mike

Hey Mike, I have seen your videos. They are awsome! In fact I left a comment just the other day. I'm the guy from NJ. Keep them coming! Oh and Yeah I have decided to get a Vaquero!

I usually do hunt supertuned, and if you look up Monty's directions on Power Balancing, I am happy to report this technique really does bring in weak signals much better, and other silent, deeper signals that were not there before will appear.[/quote]

Where are Monte's Instructions on Supertuning? I would like to read this post and try it with my Tejon.

Thanks

Seems that 90 percent of the finds on this forum are coming from the vaquero. looks like I might have to buy a vaquero.If only it had a volume control.

Get a pair of killer B's and you won't even worry about the Vaquero not having a volume control.
These headphones are quality built and sound very good when using them on the Vaquero.
You can obtain more information from a signal with these headphones than just using the external speaker.

of Killer B's that are better suited for the Vaquero??

I use the standard "optima" model with one volume control,but I would guess they all will work well.
Very good sound quality and very well built.. my first choice for the Vaquero.

I totally agree with the other poster. Killer B's are AMAZING and they sound great with Tesoros. I will not use any other brand of phones! I have the Wasps. They're pricey but totally worth it