Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Decision

I have a set of Black Widows with volume control on each side L/R. (not the brand you asked about)

Means you can adjust each ear to the threshold you want individuly, as each ear is differant. Are they comfortable enough to wear for extended periods of time ?

Hearing those faint signals pays off.................getting the headphones with the most flexability is a smart move + you can use them on many types/brands of metal detectors for many years to come.

Sort of like a rifle, do you buy a expensive rifle & put a junk scope on it, or do you buy a scope that compliments the full range of the weapon.

HaRM

cowtownkid said:
I usually do hunt supertuned, and if you look up Monty's directions on Power Balancing, I am happy to report this technique really does bring in weak signals much better, and other silent, deeper signals that were not there before will appear.

Where are Monte's Instructions on Supertuning? I would like to read this post and try it with my Tejon.

Thanks[/quote]

In here...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,643248,643579#msg-643579

Good stuff.... kudo's to Monte for yet another informative post, albeit 3 years ago....:) This is the first article I've read of power balancing. I'll be trying it on my Vaquero soon. I'm also glad to read about "fold over". Thought I was going nuts when it happened to me. I finally figured out that you had to reduce the power to eliminate it, but it's nice to hear I wasn't the only one with that experience when trying to GB.

I sold my Vaquero last year to purchase an Etrac. I've now sold my Etrac and am buying another Vaquero. It is light and deep and I found more with it than my Etrac that costs 3 times as much. Go with the Vaquero you won't regret it. Out of all the machines I've owned the Vaquero has been my favorite.

jmotycka said:
I sold my Vaquero last year to purchase an Etrac. I've now sold my Etrac and am buying another Vaquero. It is light and deep and I found more with it than my Etrac that costs 3 times as much. Go with the Vaquero you won't regret it. Out of all the machines I've owned the Vaquero has been my favorite.

Wow !

What a statement, had what some Claim to be the best in the track, and now back to no screen at all!

I just went from a tid to a cibola in 2 trips I have found more good finds. Good to hear.