Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero

yes it can truly be a pain in the a** i just want the silver!i dont mind disc, it out!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

thanks! would prefer to grond balance as it can make a difference in tough soil!
(h.h.!)
j.t.

Oh...that modulation...yes, the V has that when you set the threshold. It will softly rise in intensity over a deep target. Depth can be guestimated in that way.
I have very little problem determining the size and depth of an object with the V using the 5x10DD coil. (thats my jewelry/coin coil). I haven't used the stock coil for so long I forget how it sounds over targets.
Good luck in your decision.

yes this is what i am referring to! when you get a 'hit" in disc.
and cross circuit to "pinpoint,as you slowly sweep back over the target,the high tone will sound
"softer" as if "sounding" much deeper than the sound in disc.! this is modulated audio,and
it "generally" means a deeper good target,although it can also mean a "small" target just under the soil!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:
yes this is what i am referring to! when you get a 'hit" in disc.
and cross circuit to "pinpoint,as you slowly sweep back over the target,the high tone will sound
"softer" as if "sounding" much deeper than the sound in disc.! this is modulated audio,and
it "generally" means a deeper good target,although it can also mean a "small" target just under the soil!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I think the V, C, and Tejon only really have 1/2 of a true modulated audio. they will relay the target depth through the audio wether in disc or AM. But they do not give me half of the target info that the umax series does, all those tiny classic target signitures are missing. I found with the umax series I would get beeps, bops, beedeep, bclak, bclick and so on and so forth. It relays so much info that I could consistantly guess 8/10 targets acurately.
It has taken me much longer to decifer the language of the Vaq, but I feel more confident with it now than I did with the silver umax.

i hear ya,and i suspect it is because the "vaq" is a more powerful detector,and "whitewashes"
all audio so discerning depth is difficult,as "hits" sound the same."louder" at ALL depths?
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

thump7 said:
jmaryt, I know what you asking. You want a machine that will cherrypick old deep silver in trashy parks. Out of the entire tesoro lineup the V is in my opinion the best choice, however it is also a poor choice because it is an all-purpose, relic based machine. It is hotter on iron, lead and brass than it will be on silver. Deep silver can be found with it but not without a lot of trash digging first, if you are in a trashy area. For instance, a 22. shell at say 4" deep will sound nearly identical to a silver dime at say 8" deep. I can see what you are after here, and the V is not going to cut it for you. The Vaq is an exellent machine, but it was not desighned for hunting hunted out parks with the primary target being deep, old, undeatcted silver.

So, you mean the Vaq will see the copper and silver coins not as deep as the same size objects with the lower conductivity - such as made of lead or bronze?

magadan said:
thump7 said:
jmaryt, I know what you asking. You want a machine that will cherrypick old deep silver in trashy parks. Out of the entire tesoro lineup the V is in my opinion the best choice, however it is also a poor choice because it is an all-purpose, relic based machine. It is hotter on iron, lead and brass than it will be on silver. Deep silver can be found with it but not without a lot of trash digging first, if you are in a trashy area. For instance, a 22. shell at say 4" deep will sound nearly identical to a silver dime at say 8" deep. I can see what you are after here, and the V is not going to cut it for you. The Vaq is an exellent machine, but it was not designed for hunting hunted out parks with the primary target being deep, old, undetected silver.

So, you mean the Vaq will see the copper and silver coins not as deep as the same size objects with the lower conductivity - such as made of lead or bronze?

Not necessarily, almost any gold hunting machine will have a khz of 15 or higher while most machines designed for hunting silver will be either 5khz or a dual frequency running 2 or more frequencies.
Having the higher frequency makes the machine hotter on low conductive targets like gold. The Vaquero is designed as an ALL-PURPOSE machine, it's frequency at about 14 khz makes it a great machine for coins and jewelery. It is also a deep machine, BUT, jmaryt wants a machine for only 1 purpose which is to find old deep silver where many machines have been before.
What I am saying is, if deep silver is the primary target in trashy parks, get a machine that is designed for the job.
I have found a few really deep pieces of silver with the Vaq, and I can only speak from my experience here, for others it may be different. But it sure didn't jump out at me the way a lead sinker or deep rusty bottlecap can.
The extreme depth I have spoken of on other posts in this forum regarding the Vaquero was achieve by listening for faint repeatable variances in the threshold while running it in AM and in a clean area. This is virtually impossible to do in a trashy park.

that is correct,nearly impossible to do!.this is the reason why i asked,because most detectors "lose"
depth when cranked up in high discriminate,but because i am un familiar with the vaquero,i was wondering if IT loses depth as well in high discriminate,because i just want to listen for deep silver
with "beep & dig,and i keep reading posts indicating it goes deep..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have a pair of Grey Ghost headphones with mine. Helps with letting me know with good targets. Aust coins are mainly copper content and, the V loves those at Tab setting.
We have $1.00 & $2.00 coins and, this makes it worthwhile. I know an Etrac goes after silver well a lso i would guess the Sovereign as well. (different price points and weight on the Etrac)
Sovereign can be hip mounted

allcav said:
If you are hunting with your disc at tab, you are loosing all the gold jewelry.
pritty much unless its big peace