Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Variability Setting & threshold pitch question

I have read that the variability setting is gone on the CTX. But was playing with the Exchange2 software and was curious if you can emulate changing the variablity setting buy adjusting the high tone when modifying the 50 conductive tone - tone profile. When I do it in the exchange 2 software it seems to stretch the tones out more across the scale giving a higher tone (Or whatever tone you want) for higher conductive targets. Maybe way off but from just playing with the exchange 2 software it seems to be the case.

Second can you confirm that changing the threshold pitch setting changes the sound/pitch of the tones like it did with the E-Trac. A few of the guys with the E-trac liked to change the threshold pitch from 15 to 19 to give silver more of the same sound as it did on the explorer series.

Guess I just want to confirm that you can make the tones sound like they do on the other minelabs. Once you have trained your ear to that certain pitch for silver, it would be nice to have the same pitch for silver on the CTX.

Also do you know off hand what Hz that silver tone is, for playing with the Exchange 2 software?

You are correct in that only the highest and lowest pitches can be changed in multitone conductive or multitone ferrous. And those in the "middle" proportionally fill in the range between those two parameters.

The Threshold pitch is changed like it was in the E-TRAC.

On the CTX 3030 itself, the factory high tone pitch in multiple tone conductive is set at 930 Hz. The low is at 90 Hz. I don't know what is being used on the XChange2 program.

HH Randy

Could anyone tell me the conductive audio pitch range of the ETRAC in Hz with variability set to 30.

Digger said:
You are correct in that only the highest and lowest pitches can be changed in multitone conductive or multitone ferrous. And those in the "middle" proportionally fill in the range between those two parameters.

The Threshold pitch is changed like it was in the E-TRAC.

i have read before that you can only choose the highest and lowest pitches BUT on the exchange programe you can chose each individual bin tone is that not going to be so on the 3030 please thanks

On the CTX 3030 itself, the factory high tone pitch in multiple tone conductive is set at 930 Hz. The low is at 90 Hz. I don't know what is being used on the XChange2 program.

HH Randy

my question has got mixed up with randys answer so i have separated it thanks for your patience

i have read before that you can only choose the highest and lowest pitches BUT on the exchange programe you can chose each individual bin tone is that not going to be so on the 3030 please thanks