Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI 54 I don't believe it-silver

[attachment 138901 1957Rosy9-10-09.jpg] I popped this baby out of the ground with a reading of 54 I thought it was going to be a penny but the tone was slightly different, BH Nugget said he dug a 54 and got silver and I thought he had inhaled a little to much exhaust fumes:rofl: It was down 8" and I was using the D2 coil trying to get use to it I usually use my 6 x 10 but I thinking I should get use to the D2--- but when I do my pinpointer doesn't go as deep as when I use the 6 x10. anyway another nice dime hits the collection

perchdoctor said:
BH Nugget said he dug a 54 and got silver and I thought he had inhaled a little to much exhaust fumes

Its a job hazard.:wacko::lmfao: Dont ya love it when you think you have a zinc penny,then hit the pinpoint and find out its deeeeep,with 2.5 dominating the pinpoint screen?:biggrin: I run with my modulation off.With it on,you might notice a different tone on the deeper 53-54 VDI tones.Along with my exhaust addiction,my hearing is going also.:rofl:

In analyze the hump was narrow and high with blue and red together and the green bar close by I did get a 89 vdi once but couldn't get it back but kept getting a solid 54 I would have dug anyway because it was deep-- just nice to see silver come out, but I've never had a 54 and find silver before its always in the 89-91 range

Jeff, your 22.5 frequency (blue) was highest in the analyze screen?

n/t

Silver Dime Vdi at 54 , If no other near target or extreame soil condition, or EMI or unstable machine,. I would say a dime on edge and or on the exact line of being detected and NOT. Dime should not VDI this low. I pulled many dimes,clad and silver, all in the upper 70's.

If the above is typical I will have to dig almost everything.

teckpro said:
Silver Dime Vdi at 54 ,Dime should not VDI this low.

Depends on conditions and depth.If your getting a hit in this range and you pinpoint it at,say,five inches or better,chances are its not a zinc penny.
I should clarify this is with Best Data and Normalize "ON"

The whole depth to accuracy thing is relative to whatever. Just like any other machine, you have to dig to see where it's at in varying conditions. That will never change.

I had the opposite experience today -- VDI of 80, hardest hit on the green in the spectragraph. Nice "I'm a dime" signal. Nope. 1919 wheat penny about 10" down.

Nice one Robert, thats some pretty good depth! Was this in relatively moist ground conditions?

After reading the manual for umteenth time,I see turning the modulation on or off only affects the discrimination audio in mixed mode which Im not running,so it has no effect on the audio strength of deeper targets for me.
Must be those exhaust fumes again.:biggrin:

BHNugget said:
Nice one Robert, thats some pretty good depth! Was this in relatively moist ground conditions?

It had just rained earlier in the day. But I dug a 1907 Indian head penny that was over a foot deep a few days ago in dry ground. Both were with the stock coil and both were solid hits.

The ground was bone dry here,but we are getting rain now.:thumbup: With the way I have my V set now,I seem to get much more of a solid signal on copper pennies than I do silver dimes at comparative depths.Have you found the same to be the case?

I've only just found my first silver dime with it, so it's hard to say. :) The dime was only about 6" deep, and was a good hit. But those pennies do hit hard, even the deep ones.

BHNugget said:
After reading the manual for umteenth time,I see turning the modulation on or off only affects the discrimination audio in mixed mode which Im not running,so it has no effect on the audio strength of deeper targets for me.
Must be those exhaust fumes again.:biggrin:

Actually that's not true modulation effects non mixed mode discrimination audio. Mixed mode audio is all metal at the same time as discrimination audio the all metal part is never modulation but you can choose to have discrimination audio modulation its a small but noticeable difference.

Thanks jer4004, I see that on a previous page from where I was reading it applying to the mixed mode application now.:thumbup:

BHNugget said:
Thanks jer4004, I see that on a previous page from where I was reading it applying to the mixed mode application now.:thumbup:

No problem! that's what the forum is for. I can credit this forum for two of my silvers this year.

I have noticed that most of my VDI numbers have changed verses the VDI#'s on my MXT. About all pennies come in around the 50's range when only the indian heads did before. Upper 70's for clad dimes and 80's for silver dimes and 83 on silver or clad quarters. got a 50's signal on a silver charm that says sterling on the back and is a tad bit smaller than a dime. My experience so far is dig everything on the plus side of the VDI's because I can't trust the analyze screen on deeper targets. If in question I sometimes switch over to the deep silver stock program and see what it comes up with before I get to excited.

Dug my first silver with my V3 (10dd). It was a '64 rosie at about 6 inches, and had a 54 VDI. Other junk near by, but not right on top of it.