Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI Numbers not clearing from screen on my V3i

BLACKHAWK2255

The VDI numbers do not clear on my V3i unless I pull the trigger,or swing over another target. Is this the way it is supposed to work,or do I have something set wrong in my programs ? I have owned other brands of detectors in the past,and all of them would clear the VDI number in a matter of seconds once you moved off an active target. My V3i does not do that ? Issues with the detector, programs ? It does this in "all" the programs, "stock and ones I have modified. I had an MX Sport,and it would clear the VDI numbers once you moved the coil off the target. HELP !!

It has been many years but it seems the VDI fading off the screen is controlled by the fade rate adjustment :shrug:

Thanks for the reply Larry. I also posted this question on the Whites Forum,and was told that" is the way it works". You are right about the fade rate,but it only controls how quickly the blocks disappear from the screen,the vdi numbers don't go anywhere until you either pull the trigger to pinpoint,analyze,or if you move the coil over the next target. This seems odd to me that Whites programmed the V3i this way,when the vdi numbers disappear in seconds on the MX Sport ?

So right you are.... like I said, it has been many years since I had the V3i.

Blackhawk,
If I may ask, you've got me curious...

Why is it important to you that the VDI numbers disappear quickly?
Do you have a specific goal/process/technique that the VDI number interferes with?
(I myself find it extremely helpful to see the previous signal's VDI for a long time...and I get irritated when they disappear too quickly on some of my other units.)

Thanks for your reply,
:)
mike

I have found with other brands of detectors ( not naming any),that with the VDI numbers disappearing rapidly, it made it easier for me to better understand the concentration /or lack of targets in that particular area.

BLACKHAWK2255 said:
I have found with other brands of detectors ( not naming any),that with the VDI numbers disappearing rapidly, it made it easier for me to better understand the concentration /or lack of targets in that particular area.

That is why I always wanted my V3i to NOT linger with a VDI stuck on screen. The problem is even more trouble when in analyze mode. The polar display gets to be almost useless with both the VDI numbers, and the 3 frequency colored lines displayed in "hold mode."

IMPO, the V3 series units needs more processing horsepower. People will argue that the V3 is more than full of CPU power. Still,,,this specific subject topic issue keeps popping up over the years.

Hi BlackHawk...

Your not thinking rationally......The VDI is the LAST target your V3i sensed...and no othert........?

If the VDI retention bothers you.....phew !!!....JUST PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER...It's a coinshooter...matt