Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI of 22

bula

I was just wondering if any one has ever found anything gold at a vdi of 22? I have over the years dug several signals at 22 but it has always been a beavertailed pull tab, never have I hit gold at 21 up to 31.

Small ladies engament ring 10k gold / diamond came in at 20

Yep, small ladies gold ring. Gold rings can come in anywhere from 10 to 50 and I think Nancy has found them lower than 10 come to think of it.

I found a small one at 8 & a little bigger one at 18, most men's rings I find are 20. I just keep thinking am I missing some rings but every 22 I dig is a pull tab. I dig all 18 & 20 find a few bent tabs & small tin foil but my ratio is high for either a nickle or gold.

I have found one gold ring that read exactly 22 using a Bigfoot coil. I have also found gold rings as low as 2 and as high as 47. I also find a lot of nickels that read 22 as well. Most of my gold rings have read between 10 and 16.
HH,
Bill

WJW the only nickles I find that are not 20 are either a buff or masked with another coin. I use the 6x10 most of the time in soil that runs 60 to 80

Yes, I've found a very small gold ring, size 1 with a diamond chip in it and the VDI was a solid 6. Sounded off like it was a large target and that's why I dug it. Sure glad I did. HH, Nancy

Yes, I found a small girls 14K with a small diamond at 22. Found a gold pendant at 6, gold ring at 28, a girls class ring at 35 and at 45, and a boys class ring at 55 (it was 16.4 grams).
Hope this helps. John

It sounds like I might have to start digging a little more trash, Im sad to say that I don't know what vdi my best ring came in at. I was hunting a park & got a very destinct high sound & I started probing. first probe I popped it out of the ground. Never did look at the screen.

Been there and done that too Bula. My heavy man's wedding ring with 5 gorgeous diamonds was the same way. It just rang out to me. LOUD! HH, Nancy

A steady, repeating 22 VDI has always been a square tab so far . . .but I'll keep digging 'em in the right conditions or circumstances (old site, low trash, etc.)

Very informative post!! Thank you! :pulltab:

found a pewter vase with a bunch of square nails around it that rang 22 but it was 8 inches deep. I swept over it a couple of direction before I dug it. I just dig itifits deep no matter the vdi. but I dig alot of beaver tails also.

[size=large]Nancy, sometimes your post just kill me. only a woman would know the ring SIZE. :rofl: this has been very informative as already stated. won't the ground conditions dictate if 22 will produce gold. i'd like to say i've been like Bula. never found anything but pulltabs at 22. my ground is very minerlized. so i just figured thats what my reading for pulltab will be. so anyway i really enjoy and learn with these postings. thanks to all.

HH [/size]