Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

version 1.1 and the nickel

I noticed each program reads them a bit differently. My nickel count has gone way down
but does it hit the nickels, all the nickels , with a wide open.... no discrimination setting as you move it from a shallow to deep wave across the coil ?
With version 1.1 ... aircheck some and let us know.

Just air tested a variety Elmy…buffalo, Jefferson, silver Jefferson, V-nickel, shield nickel…spanks them all wide open disc. That’s testing in the house at 85 sensitivity with a 9” coil, the shield started to Peter out around 7-8” in the General mode reactivity 1. That is v1.1 also…

Just air tested a variety Elmy…buffalo, Jefferson, silver Jefferson, V-nickel, shield nickel…spanks them all wide open disc. That’s testing in the house at 85 sensitivity with a 9” coil, the shield started to Peter out around 7-8” in the General mode reactivity 1. That is v1.1 also…
Good info, I had a frequency max at 14k , and was skipping most nickels with pitch and pwm sounds.
I ran some nickels over my coil at 14k max frequency....clipping nickels and completely missing most at different depths...
Switched to 24k and hit every nickel solid.....same at 40k, solid nickel sounds.
Great Info again , Kevin , I was digging nickels but noticed some clipped or scratchy sounds that were not repeatable that I couldn't figure out !
E L M Y

V1.1 is killing all nickels for me . I run sensitive full tones 99 % of the time. Maximum 40 is default. It hits all copper and silver. I do run iron volume on 4 and bottle cap at 3. In door testing sensitivity on 70 and easily gets nickels 6 inches from coil . Put a dirt matrix around that and you’re probably getting 8”plus on depth . The D2 WS 6 master is probably the best detector I have ever had.

V1.1 is killing all nickels for me . I run sensitive full tones 99 % of the time. Maximum 40 is default. It hits all copper and silver. I do run iron volume on 4 and bottle cap at 3. In door testing sensitivity on 70 and easily gets nickels 6 inches from coil . Put a dirt matrix around that and you’re probably getting 8”plus on depth . The D2 WS 6 master is probably the best detector I have ever had.
i second the motion Tony i do not use anything else