Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Version 1.11 is up Now

oldkoot

as the thread heading reads the new 1.11 is up and ready to be installed, if you have updated to or tried the 1.10 beta Test Versions the 1.11 will already be in the Updater tool you used to install the Beta Test Versions, which I do not personally like that it just automatically magically appears in the updater tool, you no longer have to go to Nokta site to download the files and do the install

again (THE NEW 1.11 Version will already be in the Updater Tool)

Just boot up the updater tool v1-8 and go through the steps like you did with the 1.10 version which is no loner in the update tool 1.10 has been replaced with 1.11, it took me less than 30 seconds from start to finish to install 1.11

So does factory reset need to be done afterwards. Seems like it automatically does it.
Is there a new instruction manual for this version

Using a PC and Windows 10 is it still necessary to disable anti-virus and firewall?
from what I seen no you no longer need to shut the Anti Virus down or the firewalls, as I stated in my post, if you look in the update tool that is all ready in your PC and I am talking the newer updater tool the new 1.11 will just be there already, it was a very very easy process not like in the past updates, the 1.11 just magically appears in the updater tool with out having to go to Nokta site and download and then extract the files you no longer have to do any of that any longer

the updater tool is v1-8-win that you need on your PC,as long as that is the updater tool you have the 1.11 will be in that updater tool at least it was on my PC.

Holy Crap !!!! , it worked(y)
(y)
Is there a printed version of what the 1.11 changes that an idiot like myself can print out for reference?

Great improvement with 1.11. Threshold still different in Goldfield than in Park, Field, or Beach.
I can get the threshold to break on iron and discriminated targets, but still doesn't break on acceptable targets, all the way to where I get close enough to where an audio response takes over, with a "beep". If I want a real Threshold , I'll have to get out the Sovereign GT. I don't think many use a threshold anymore unless you're prospecting for gold anyway, but it sure does have its place on the beach, when you go over super deep targets that are too deep to produce an actual beep.
I did the threshold update for the headphones and it did help with the volume, but I got the same results. Would like them to work on that one a little more.

Holy Crap !!!! , it worked(y)
(y)
Is there a printed version of what the 1.11 changes that an idiot like myself can print out for reference?
yes go to oh Hell here you go this can be got from the Nokta site but you may be able to copy what I posted below and print out

was the 1.11 already in the Updater tool that was on your PC

below is from Nokta's site

System Software V1.11 (2023.03.01)​

Updates Made:
1. A new level "0" has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting in the Park, Field and Goldfield modes. In addition, a new level 9 has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting.

There has been no change to the levels 1-8. Level 9 will become handy when trying to discriminate some unwanted mid-conductors such as shotgun cartridges as iron.

2. The Backlight setting has been reconfigured as below:
The Backlight setting’s levels have been increased to 6 from 5. Levels 1-5 in the software version 1.09 is now equal to 2-6 in this version. Level 1 in this version is now the reduced level.

3. The automatic Backlight setting has been reconfigured to work as below:
a)
When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed to turn on Tracking in the Ground Balance screen. This now has been updated.
b) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the Backlight was turning off once you exit the Settings menu. This now has been updated so that the Backlight goes off within the normal time-out period.
c) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed in the Notch Discrimination Pattern. This now has been updated.
d) While in Automatic Ground Balance, the auto backlight will now be lit until the ground balancing is completed.

4. M3 multi frequency in PARK mode has been updated to prevent coins from being masked by aluminum foil.

5. Bottle Cap Rejection setting has been added.
When the device is in multi frequency,
select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "bC" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the bC value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the bC is 0, it means that it is off.

6. Ground Suppressor setting has been added.
It is used to eliminate false ground signals in tough terrains. To access the setting, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "GS" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the GS value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the GS is 0, it means that it is off. It is recommended that you leave this setting at off position unless needed.

7. The audio emitted as the Tone Break points are changed while in 60-Tone, has been modified with increased bass.

8. Audio Gain setting has been activated in the Gold Field Mode.

9. Warning tones have been added to the buttons.

The buttons will now emit a warning tone in the following cases:
a) To indicate the minimum and maximum levels of settings.
b) When an inactive setting in a specific mode trying to be activated.
The loudness of the warning tones will work directly proportional to the Volume setting.

10. Bluetooth Chip Version will now be displayed.

When the Bluetooth headphones are paired with the device and the Bluetooth setting is selected, press and hold the Discrimination button. The Bluetooth chip version will be displayed in the clock section. When the button is released, the clock will be displayed again.

11. The loudness of the Volume Level 1 has been reduced in PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes.

12. General improvements have been implemented.

Great improvement with 1.11. Threshold still different in Goldfield than in Park, Field, or Beach.
I can get the threshold to break on iron and discriminated targets, but still doesn't break on acceptable targets, all the way to where I get close enough to where an audio response takes over, with a "beep". If I want a real Threshold , I'll have to get out the Sovereign GT. I don't think many use a threshold anymore unless you're prospecting for gold anyway, but it sure does have its place on the beach, when you go over super deep targets that are too deep to produce an actual beep.
I did the threshold update for the headphones and it did help with the volume, but I got the same results. Would like them to work on that one a little more.
The Legend has two different thresholds it has what is called a reference Threshold and a True Threshold

in Park, Field, and Beach Modes the Threshold is what is called a Reference threshold - a Reference threshold alerts you that your coil has passed over a discriminated target and gives you these little blips telling you that you have just swung over a discriminated target

in Gold Mode the threshold is a True Threshold which when you pass your coil over a target will null or Blank out when you go over a target

the True Threshold is what most of us are accustomed to not sure why Nokta set the park,field and beach as a reference threshold but they did it took me a bit to finally understand the differences in the two types of Thresholds

Thanks for the details , I appreciate it and have it printed out. So many of these features just seem to blend together if you don't use them often which means i probably don't need them anyway. I have no idea what was on the PC , I just clicked on an accept option when I found it and decided if I was jumping off a cliff the landing could only be moderately hard. I guess it stays there now in the event there is another update. I did get a message that Erdogan in Turkey appreciated having access to my paypal account;)

Thanks for the details , I appreciate it and have it printed out. So many of these features just seem to blend together if you don't use them often which means i probably don't need them anyway. I have no idea what was on the PC , I just clicked on an accept option when I found it and decided if I was jumping off a cliff the landing could only be moderately hard. I guess it stays there now in the event there is another update. I did get a message that Erdogan in Turkey appreciated having access to my paypal account;)
WHAT,I hope you are Joking about Erdogan LOL

well I do not use Pay Pal any Longer as it only takes me once to get 8K stolen through that Pay Pal App and I learned my Lesson all be it was a hard lessen learned

The Legend has two different thresholds it has what is called a reference Threshold and a True Threshold

in Park, Field, and Beach Modes the Threshold is what is called a Reference threshold - a Reference threshold alerts you that your coil has passed over a discriminated target and gives you these little blips telling you that you have just swung over a discriminated target

in Gold Mode the threshold is a True Threshold which when you pass your coil over a target will null or Blank out when you go over a target

the True Threshold is what most of us are accustomed to not sure why Nokta set the park,field and beach as a reference threshold but they did it took me a bit to finally understand the differences in the two types of Thresholds
Yeah, we went through that topic once before, and you're right, that's exactly how it works. Trying to get them to fix it to where it reacts to both acceptable and rejected targets in the same way, keeping its sensitivity. Well, I guess I'm 50% there. 🤣

good thing we are not all being graded as to how good our memories are on settings and functions in the Legend you would receive an F, LOL
Yeah I know i only had to do it once before but every time an update happens you never know what settings change and how you do things.
Update works easy on a mac I found out.
New coil, new version, we’ll see

Attachments

• 826D8B80-962D-455B-A4D6-BB6EB85571B4.jpeg
    826D8B80-962D-455B-A4D6-BB6EB85571B4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68