Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Version 4.0: Saltwater Beach Enhancement?

ColonelDan

Early on, I heard that version 4 would include an enhanced capability for use on wet salt water beaches but I've heard nothing since. Can anyone shed light on this?

I talked to a guy who saw a prototype version of the beach program He got to swing it for a few minutes and he said it was awesome. Thats all the info I know on that .

Sorry guys, as far as I know this update is not enhanced for salt water.

Thanks guys for the information.

Gary, that's disappointing news. Living in Florida, my detecting life revolves around the beaches and I was pretty excited about the initial reports regarding a beach enhancement in version 4. Oh well, perhaps version 5. :)

So let me get this straight there is not a updated beach program at all ? The man told me Alain let him swing a prototype beach program,btw the guy is a jam up guy and he said whatever he was swinging on the beach was great. Were they working on a new beach program and decided not to release it? Man I just cant believe that guy would feed me some bad info.

He may well have been telling you the truth. That prototype isn't necessarily 4.0 but could be 4.x for example. You can be sure that they are working on new ideas even as they are getting ready to move 4.0.

And also you have to consider too, that all ideas that are tried aren't necessarily released. Some just don't work out the way you'd like where you feel it's good enough, and so far I've seen enough of XP to know if the idea doesn't work properly, they aren't likely to send it out.

So you could well be getting the straight story but that doesn't mean it is meant for 4.0, or that it will ever see the general light of day.

I have a chance tobuy a Dues, its only been used once, was bought a couple of years ago, and has the works with it, I mean everything you could get, remote, full headphones, and all. For $800.00, but has never been updated. Is this a good price? He paid somewhere in the $1500.00 to $1600.00 for it. Grubstake

Very Good price.
Deus is up-dateable at any time, old or new.
If you don't buy it let me know and I will. LOL

Grubstake said:
I have a chance tobuy a Dues, its only been used once, was bought a couple of years ago, and has the works with it, I mean everything you could get, remote, full headphones, and all. For $800.00, but has never been updated. Is this a good price?

Used once...two years old...full everything?
Yes...quickly, before someone else buys it.

:)
mike

Check if the batteries were kept up with a maintenance charge. It is not good to let them go to zero. If you can see how long they will run after a full charge will say a lot.

Belongs to a friend of mine, he's into fishing now, Bought him a $30,000 boat to go fishing up in Oregon, but lives here in Calif. I get first dibs on it. Grubstake

by it still has 3 years of warranty and if the batteries need to be replaced sure Moe at the service center will take care of you.

horrible deal, as a matter of fact give me his info I would like to tell him personally how bad that deal is :p j/k a steal even if the batteries are an issue grab it