Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Version 4 Gold Program ?

im guessing not since the gb2 runs at a 71khz frequency and the highest freq on current Deus is 18khz range, the new coil and v4 software will add a few new frequencies from what I hear 10, 20, 30 and topping out at 40khz

Will the new coil still work on the old frequencies, does the update on the remote get to decide frequencies or does the coil?

The answers are coming... The answers are coming...

The HF coils work at the three frequencies that are designed for that coil - the current coils use the four frequencies they are designed for . . . . the V4.0 software knows what options to present based on the coil that has been selected.

Andy Sabisch

In all honesty though the difference between the GB2 71khz vs the anticipated XP Deus 50ish will probably not be noticeable in most cases, I think the main advantage with the G2 will be the small coil options, I run a 6' elliptical on mine makes getting under those bushes and in tight spots much easier, for example when you are scanning bedrock cracks for alluvial gold. It should be a very close race with the additional XP features. I dont think you could go wrong with either, but glad I own both.

Andy Sabisch said:
The HF coils work at the three frequencies that are designed for that coil - the current coils use the four frequencies they are designed for . . . . the V4.0 software knows what options to present based on the coil that has been selected.

Andy Sabisch

So will the new coil be way worse or just a bit worse for coins and silver? Just how much does do frequencies affect depth and different metals? The reason i'm asking is I didn't really want to walk around with two coils most of the time.

According to Andy the new frequencies using the new coils are 14.5 kHz, 29 kHz, and 53 kHz. This puts the V4 in the GMT (48 kHz) category but not quite Gold Bug 2 country. I agree the small GB2 coil is one of the best available for hunting small gold.

At 14.5 kHz you still have an excellent general purpose frequency. Examples:

Garrett AT Pro 15 kHz
White's MXT 14 kHz
Fisher F75 13 kHz

One way to look at it is that 14.5 kHz is a great compromise between the 12 kHz and 18 kHz frequencies that most people use when they run a DEUS.

The real key will be which frequency is the primary frequency - the other frequencies are harmonics and do not make as efficient use of the coil as the primary frequency. If they really are doing all they can to make this a nugget detecting option for Africa then the coil will be optimized at 53 kHz (or 55 khz). It could just as well be one if the other frequencies though. Regardless, I think fears that the new coils may not be all that great for coin detecting are unfounded. In fact, at 5.5" x 9" the new elliptical should be better at sniffing out coins in trash than the current smallest 9" coil option. No matter what the number of targets under the coil is the number one factor when it comes to target id accuracy and the new elliptical coil covers almost half as much ground area as the 9" round coil. I think people are in for a pleasant surprise when it comes to coin detecting.

I think the type of coin hunting and the sites will have a great deal more influence on the success of a new coil as well as how the new 4.0 signal processing is done than merely the shape and frequency of the coil. I can see little advantage of 15khz vs 12 or 18khz if the signal is processed in 4.0 the same as in 3.2. Until the details are released in 2017 it's all speculation anyway.

About 4 years ago I jumped ship from a MXT PRO (14 kHz) with a 6X9 coil.
It was a killer for me. I couldn't think that I could do better.
So now that I've got a pretty good grip on my DEUS (it's better) my MXT collects dust...
Version 4.0 with the new elliptical coil is very tempting.
Running in the 14.5htz with this new coil (I feel) will give me better separation than I had before.
Also I'm thinking that the higher frequencies will stop the interference with my pinpointer.
So a Win Win for me.
I'm looking forward to the release when ever it gets here...