Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very pleased with my g2+

relicmeister

I started out on an Omega 8000 and did really well with it. Found a ton of relics. I loved its simplicity and lightness and efficiency. Had a fisher f75 and briefly a t2, both of which I liked but neither of which I still have. Now I have a g2+ and like it I think best of all. It’s light, simple and efficient. Although all non- ferrous are the same high tone, the target ID is highly accurate. It’s a fast machine and the non ferrous targets pop. Yesterday, in an area with a lot of pull tabs I easily picked up on a slightly higher ID that was a nice old tombac button. Even with my other detectors- an XP Orx, and an Equinox, I think the g2+ will be a great asset that can compete with the big boys and find me great targets. I think I’ll keep it.

relicmeister - I concur. The G2+ has served me well for several years now. If I had to take only one of my six detectors, it would be the G2+.

good luck hunting

G2 loves Low conductors ....Some say because of the G2+ higher frequency it’s only ok on silvers.......U Tube ( Dirtfishing) live dug many deep silver coins with Rusty bolts in the same plug with the silver coin .......so the G2 can find deep silvers

Rob in (Ca) - you're right about low conductors. First time I used my G2+ was at an old fairground site (1855-1875) which I have hunted many times over several years with other detectors. First item I found was
an 1855 California gold half dollar about six inches deep. I didn't even know what it was because it was so small. Smaller than a three-cent silver (Trime). My buddy hunting with me started yelling that I found a fractional California
gold coin. I had no idea what that was either. I plan to always have at least one G2+ detector.

Another thing I like is using pinpoint which I don’t really need to recover targets, but really helps in some colonial woods long used by hunters where there are many pull tabs and shotgun head stamps. The pin point helps because the hunter junk shows 1” to surface depth, while a button or colonial artifact will be a little more modulated snd pinpoint at a 3” or so depth.
Bottle caps which sound coin like usually give up a little grunt if you sweep from several directions.
I had but sold a sharpshooter coil because the stock one is a good all purpose coil that pinpoints well separates well and is big enough for open fields. I hate hate changing coils- except on my Orx.

Another thing I like is using pinpoint which I don’t really need to recover targets, but really helps in some colonial woods long used by hunters where there are many pull tabs and shotgun head stamps. The pin point helps because the hunter junk shows 1” to surface depth, while a button or colonial artifact will be a little more modulated snd pinpoint at a 3” or so depth.
Bottle caps which sound coin like usually give up a little grunt if you sweep from several directions.
I had but sold a sharpshooter coil because the stock one is a good all purpose coil that pinpoints well separates well and is big enough for open fields. I hate hate changing coils- except on my Orx.

Sorry about the quote mishap. I agree with you on the sharp shooter, I like the stock better for open fields, parks, open sport areas, plus it is lighter. I ordered a T2+ and a 5x10 coil to fit my other needs

Gotta quit reading. Missing my G2... 😰
actually really could have used it here lately. Been hitting a cleared lot in a subdivision, real quick in and out hunting. Targets are shallow and right next to a busy highway and powerlines. G2’s perfect application. With that ID and great audio, I was cleaning out relics from these scenarios. With the DEUS I use no screen so I dig anything above iron and not barking like aluminum. Then with the NOX it’s so damn powerful that it is just not really good for this schizo type hunting. Simplex and g2 are great for it. Yeah a g2 will be back in the arsenal soon. Such a joy of a machine. Probably just go for the TRP. And of course the nel snake.

Last edited: