Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very Sharp Semi Key Date Wheat Penny / Barber Quarter / 1933 FDR New Deal Badge

floodplaindetector

All finds shown were found at researched public city parks and old schools with my Minelab eTrac metal detector.
Finds are from a few weekend hunts over the past 3 weekends since my last post.
I have found a 1924 D Wheat Penny before but this one is my sharpest. It was found in sandy soil at the same site as the 1908 O barber dime.
I may send it in to get cleaned and graded.
The FDR badge was an unexpected find that cleaned up nicely. That was pulled at an old school site on the way to my parent's farm on the western side of the state.
It read similar to an Indian head penny. These were made starting in the 1933 through the mid 1930s.
Also, of note is what appears to be a very large old brass flat button with a broken shank. These are very rare in the Dakotas. This one was pulled close to an old school.
The coin in the bezel isn't that old. It was only about 3 inches deep but it read like a half dollar so I dug it. It is a 1986 Italian Lira coin. I got a little excited when I first saw it but quickly suspected it was just brass.
A mystery find is that ornate very old item that almost looks like a music note with a rod attached. All ideas on what that is are welcome. That was over a foot deep.
This Sunday was a partial day hunt. It was terribly hot and temps hit 102. I was happy to hit that 1900 Barber Quarter, Silver War nickel and that real old
lead or pewter utensil at an old school site. That was at least a foot deep.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
3 Silver quarters back to 1900
15 silver dimes back to 1908
1944 Silver war nickel
1924,1928,1930,1937 buffalo nickels
1896,1904 Indian head pennies
33 wheat pennies back to 1915 (also semi key 1924D).
1957 Canadian Penny
1986 Italian Lira (In a Coin Bezel)

Other Finds
Tiny Aluminum merchant token (probably 1910-1920)
President Franklin Roosevelt / Vice President Garner New Deal Badge (Circa 1933)
Various old buttons (U.S. collar disc, brass flat button, star buttons)
Finger Rosary (item with cross on top)
Very old Lead or Pewter Knife
Old Mystery Item with ornate end (on right side of group finds picture)
Model T cab top grommet
Brittania Tag
Couple old shell casings
Old enameled agriculture pin with Plow and Rake
Bobcat scouts pin
couple junk rings and small lockets
Makeup compact bottom
1924DWheatPenny.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
FDRNewDealBadge.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
TinyMerchantToken.jpg
Buttons.jpg
SmallAgriculturePin.jpg
1900BarberQuarterReverse.jpg
Relics.jpg
ItalianLiraCoinInBezel.jpg

Thanks for taking a look guys!

regarding the questions:
No mint mark on the 1939 quarter.

I still do not know what that mystery item is. It was pulled from small town site that had a real old school and there was another building in the corner.
This item was pulled in that corner. I am thinking that building may have been an old church as there is a newer church in the adjacent lot.
I also pulled that finger rosary in the area of the mystery item.
Dave
Relics.jpg

Thanks for taking a look guys!

regarding the questions:
No mint mark on the 1939 quarter.

I still do not know what that mystery item is. It was pulled from small town site that had a real old school and there was another building in the corner.
This item was pulled in that corner. I am thinking that building may have been an old church as there is a newer church in the adjacent lot.
I also pulled that finger rosary in the area of the mystery item.
Dave
View attachment 26984
Ice cream knife/shovel ???????

Hey Elmy, Yes, I do think the item on the left is some sort of big knife. It is the item on the right that I am trying to figure out. My wife thought it had kind of a music note design to it. its a very heavy metal.

Ice cream knife/shovel ???????

Outstanding finds Dave!!! I’m down and out with a broken foot but seeing your multitude of treasures is making me want to hobble out into the field 😂

Hey Elmy, Yes, I do think the item on the left is some sort of big knife. It is the item on the right that I am trying to figure out. My wife thought it had kind of a music note design to it. its a very heavy metal.

Ash and Ember rake for a fireplace/wood stove ????