Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:veryangry:Excalibur II brand new Problem HELP!!!

ufobbs

Holy Cow,I just bought a new excalibur II and went to the beach with it.
I like the depth and the fact that it keeps a steady tone even if you move from dry to damp to wet sand,
and even bump it on the ground,thats wonderful.
BUT!!!!!once you any hit a target that certain tone does not recover,Example:

I search with a nice LOW tone,hit a coin,nice high tone.Then it just stays on that high tone and wont go back
to the low tone for over a minute or so and sometimes never.If I pass (near)a can,it hits a real high tone,and stays
on that high tone forever. I have to shut the machine down and start it up again in order for it to search in a low tone again.

Once in a while in the discriminate mode I can click it to pinpoint and back Quickly and recover my tone but not always.Sometimes
I just shut it down and start all over again.I read the manual about disc mode a100 times & I dont see where it says it will remain in any one
mode even if I hit ferrous or non ferrous.

Is this a flaw with excalibur??????? I dont like this at all.For $1300.00 I expected a quick recovery back to my low search
tone no matter what I hit in the ground.

Is there something I am able to do to stop this nonsense.??? Or have I bought a Defective Ecal???? Thanks...John:ranting:

Your Excalibur is doing exactly what it supposed to do. The Sovereign series does the same thing. What ever target you run over the threshold changes to that tone. It alerts you to the fact that it just changed tone by running over a target. You might want to go back and investigate the target that made it change tone. You have a couple of choices. Learn to live with different threshold tones. Some people put a coin in their shoe to change the threshold back to a high tone. Scan your scoop to make it change back. Sell the Excal to me for 500.00 and get something that doesn't change tones. When the threshold disappears and comes back with a low tone that is iron. Some guys only dig low gold tones on the beach. Clad and silver high tones do not interest them. Learn them tones. That is what the Excalibur is all about.

That is just the way an Excalibur and Sov GT:minelab: work. If I don't like the threshold I'll swing my scoop by the coil and change the tone.:thumbup:

biglry said:
That is just the way an Excalibur and Sov GT:minelab: work. If I don't like the threshold I'll swing my scoop by the coil and change the tone.:thumbup:

thats what I do. I dont care for that low blatt threshold tone after Ive passed over a piece of iron.

Sounds like your Excall is working just fine. The machine will hold the tone of the last target you run the coil over until it goes over another target or you swing your scoop close to the coil and change it. Don't let these guys low ball you I will give you $575.00. You won't miss any targets just go slow and keep swinging. We have all experienced what you have described. Wait until your battery gets low. HH :minelab:

Hi,

Yeah, they take a little getting used to
You know it when you hit something though
If you dont like the tones ...you can try hunting in pinpoint all the time
I do this sometimes if I want some peace and quiet (relatively speaking :biggrin:)
$1300 well spent I'd say
good luck with it

T59

it will change back quicker if you run your sensitivity a bit lower.on my beach i can only run it on about 12 oclock..but never fear it will change to the next target.and you cant buy a better beach detector.

Thanks guys for the info:clapping: Seems like everyone wants my machine LOL LOL:lol:
I love this one for depth . I hit a signal on the beach and after 6 scoops gave up on it, the water was faster than I could scoop out.:cry:
Thanks again I now see that I just have to learn it a little better.It is not at all like my MXT.when it recovers.:stretcher:

The Explorers also have the ability to use whats known as PITCH HOLD. I used it out west where there were few targets.... the purpose is that it will change tones in those areas when you pass a deep weak target that may not peak to make a tone, but will change the threshold.

Dew

Thats what the machine does...it doesn't matter....just go with it. Its not a flaw or broken. I think hit has to do with auto ground balancing imo. HH -Joe

ufobbs said:
Holy Cow,I just bought a new excalibur II and went to the beach with it.
I like the depth and the fact that it keeps a steady tone even if you move from dry to damp to wet sand,
and even bump it on the ground,thats wonderful.
BUT!!!!!once you any hit a target that certain tone does not recover,Example:

I search with a nice LOW tone,hit a coin,nice high tone.Then it just stays on that high tone and wont go back
to the low tone for over a minute or so and sometimes never.If I pass (near)a can,it hits a real high tone,and stays
on that high tone forever. I have to shut the machine down and start it up again in order for it to search in a low tone again.

Once in a while in the discriminate mode I can click it to pinpoint and back Quickly and recover my tone but not always.Sometimes
I just shut it down and start all over again.I read the manual about disc mode a100 times & I dont see where it says it will remain in any one
mode even if I hit ferrous or non ferrous.

Is this a flaw with excalibur??????? I dont like this at all.For $1300.00 I expected a quick recovery back to my low search
tone no matter what I hit in the ground.

Is there something I am able to do to stop this nonsense.??? Or have I bought a Defective Ecal???? Thanks...John:ranting: