Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video and why the V3i is so good

Finderskeeper

Check out this video......Youtube video

It shows that multi frequency machines cannot detect chains.

Well except for one that I know of....the V3i. I found some small gold and silver chains that I had laying around and did the exact same test....with chains only.

The V3i detected the chain even up to 8 inches with no problem. The chain numbers depend on if they are made of silver or gold and what kind of gold. I found that the readings were in the lower numbers and the polar plot was like that of a pull tab or beaver tale. The polar plot had the circular pattern on the chains. The V3i was able to detect a chain weather it was strung out or bunched together.

My E-trac couldn't do it. The Fisher F75 LTD mk2 could not either. Not even a peep on chains no matter
how deep or even on top of the coil on both E-trac and F75 !!!!!

The V3i is a great chain finder. Now if I can only get the V3i's coil over a lost gold chain.........

I don't pay much attention to MD reviews, some of them are just so wrong ........ You don't have to be a real smart individual to know that higher frequency detectors do better at finding small gold like fine chains and nuggets. :nerd: The 22.5 kHz channel on the V3i does great job of it.

I'd send the F75 in if it wasn't making a peep. The thinnest gold chain I have without the clasp and not balled up I can detect a repeatable (sound and VDI) signal a few inches from the stock coil and the 5 inch coil is even better on chains. If I'm going for small jewelry I'm taking the F75 hands down. If I'm going for rings it's a toss up (if I'm recovering a lost ring Id take the F75 just because it's lighter and has a better recovery). Deep coins V3i all the way. Less trashy/iron looking for relics the V3i. More iron and trash F75. This is just all my opinion. I used to own an explorer xs an excalibur II 10" coil and have now have a V3i (had it for a year) and my F75 which I got when I had my explorer (I've been swinging an F75 for about 6 years.. started with std then Ltd now Ltd2). I've still got a lot to learn on the V3i.

Yes, the F75 is a great machine. My friend who has one always complains about EMI and maybe that is what was causing his problem with not seeing the gold chain. He had to adjust the 75 down
so much in order to get it to stop going nuts from the EMI and RFI which could have been caused by power lines and quite possibly a plasma TV at a neighbors house that we know was also causing RFI to his ham radio. The V3i was able to read the RFI and I was able to adjust it to allow it to be used successfully

The V3i is so adjustable to allow it to be used in his back yard and with almost no degradation to its abilities. The F75, while a killer where no RFI and EMI is present, is almost useless in some instances.

When you get more experience on the V3i and learn how to adjust it to where it needs to be, I'll be willing to bet that the machine of choice will be the V3i. I owned a Fisher F75 quite a few years ago and when I had it, it was the best out. The one I had was very sensitive to EMI and RFI which is one of the reasons why I got rid of it. Since the V3i came, I now know that the V3i is far more adjustable and will often times beat the F-75 for depth. With the advent of cell phones, I have found that unless you can adjust your detector to eliminate the interference, you might as well not go hunting. RFI and EMI is almost everywhere now.

Guys the forum doesn't allow comparing detectors on this forum. It is not my rules.

Sorry about that. There is a lot to discuss besides other detectors. It's just like the no advertising on videos rule. It is the way it is.