Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video: Part 2 - Garrett ATX on Small Gold Nuggets :super:

bearkat4160

Also a "Power in Reserve Test". With guest appearance by the Garrett AT Gold. :blink:
Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_YN1QTKQk

That is a very well done video bearkat4160, thanks for taking the time in making and posting it.

I'm very impressed with the iron vein and crevice test.

:)

Excellent continuation of your equally excellent video 1 on small nuggets and ATX. Very informative bearkat4160. I can't wait for the next one with GPX500. I have never doubted the Garrett products and I knew that Garrett would not do any such thing as re-packing their military version and double the price of the instrument in the process. I have one on order and viewing your videos I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I was hoping for the ATX to come somewhere between Infinium LS and GPX500. That kind of performance would have made me very happy.It looks like it might be even better than I ever hoped for! I live in Australia where the ground is a problem. So this machine alongside my White's GMT Gold would be just what the doctor ordered! I also have GTI 2500. Same as Night Crawler before me, I too thank you for taking the time and sharing the results with us.

All the best!

Great videos Alan, I think Garrett owes you .........:devil: Thanks for taking the time to make these and sharing them with us.

Loving your videos. Can't wait for the next part to see what that 8" Mono will do.

You are really helping me decide what to do.

El

Thank you SO much for taking the time to make and post these videos. They are very well done. I agree with Larry, Garrett should be paying you for these - they really show the strengths of the ATX.
Thanks again!!!

These are the videos that are showing what the detector can do and what the potential buyer wants to see as well,its what Garrett should have done a long time ago.

Quality produced videos in a format that detectorists can understand :thumbup:

I just re-watched this video - well done Bearkat! I'm sold on this machine. You're the best!
What sold me was hitting that 1 gm nugget at 12". That's great depth! This totally contradicts, by the way, the test by the other person claiming it could only signal a 3 oz nugget at 10" (250mm).
This just highlights that detector results are dependent upon so many things - ground, settings, etc.
Thanks again!

Barry...

I couldn't agree with you more!

If a person is connected to the product's company, they should identify themselves as such weather it is a review or even authoritative comments about performance etc.
on a forum like this one. And believe me, some times people with bias get very upset if their connections are exposed etc.

If you are going to make some decisions based outside information, you better know your source!
Knowing your sources is a simple critical thinking method I learned in college.
It has saved me a lot of time and money over the years.

Cheers,

Tye

As always the prudent approach is buyer beware for anything being shown in posted videos. It's always best to take a wait and see attitude and wait for real unbiased reviews from long time trusted forum posters before plunking down your hard earned money.

Great post!

I've always said cream always rises to the top. I have quite a few hobbies and they all work out the same way. The better products rise to the top in popularity naturally. When someone tries to convince people the notion that some how this really great product has gone undiscovered by the masses just makes me shake my head. Maybe 20 years ago but not with todays technology. People of the same hobby are so connected today.

Hi guys,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9e7y04JAIs

I have just come across this video of ATX demo detecting 0.16 gram nugget in some very MAGNETIC Australian ground. So magnetic that it wraps around a piece of the person's magnet! The test is done with the nugget on surface as well as buried! This video should convince any of those skeptics who still have their doubts about this machine. View this video alongside the excellent Bearkat4160 informative videos for even better picture of this machine. I just can't wait for mine one to arrive. Although I have ordered the 8" mono coil as well, I will probably not use it all that much as the ATX stock DD coil works as 2 coils in one.

Hi Jerry !

Thanks for posting Warren's video on the small gold/hot ground performance of the ATX ...more food for thought ...for sure!
I have watched a lot of Warren's /Colleen's videos and really enjoy them ....especially the bits of history etc. he always adds....

As you say Jerry, this is pretty interesting information......evidence seems to be mounting for the ATX and small gold......

Cheers !

Tye

Hi Tye,

Glad you liked the video. Warren gives the ATX a "fair dinkum" (as we Australians say in our slang) summarized evaluation with DD coil in Australian iron ground that is considered to be probably one of the worst in the world. It looks like more and more very positive videos and reports are appearing on the net. The only negative report I have come across so far is that of the guy who reportedly couldn't manage to hear 3oz nugget at more than 10". Well, that is 85 gram chunk of gold. My VLF machine will do better than 10" with 12.6 gram. As GoldChaser noted above, you just have to check Bearcat4160's video where he gets mere 1 gram nugget at 12" with ATX. That 3 oz nugget report just simply doesn't add up!

All the best

Jerry

I would have liked to have seen and heard the ATX detect that nugg buried 2 inches beneath hard packed ironstone rather than just covered with a few tiny pebbles of ironstone.
Quite a lot of the small as yet undetected gold lying around in the Golden Triangle of Australia appears as small roundish ironstone blackend pebbles around 1/2 an inch in diam, look in no way like gold nuggs and are difficult to detect with a VLF and can have enough ironstone around them to fool a PI now and again. It will be interesting to see how the ATX goes on this type of target .The video suggests that it will do alright.

Hi Jerry,

I am with you there, that report didn't seem to fit any other testing I've heard about so far.....??
I can't wait to see some field testing from down your way...if it goes good for you Jerry.....in all that
Red Iron stone...it'll be great for me up here in the Calif. Gold fields.

I hope you can give us a little feedback once you get yours going down there !

Cheers Jerry !

Tye

Hi Tye,

Glad you see it that 3 oz nugget report the way I do! Certainly, I will post my feedback once I get to learn the machine a bit and have the chance to use it. Unfortunately I don't have any goldfields on my doorstep here in Sydney where I live and the nearest ones are around 300km away. I will make that trip ASAP but for now I'm still waiting for my ATX to arrive. My friend is getting one too, so it will be a better report from both of us.

All the best

Jerry

Hi Fishers Ghost,

I do agree with you, but if you take into consideration that such a tiny nugget is only detectable with the coil about 2" from the nugget, then if buried 2" deep you would have to drag the coil on the ground. I think the Warren's test was fair enough.

Cheers

Jerry

Hey Jerry...

That sounds great that the both of you will have one!
I am holding back a bit ..... to hear some good field reports
before I make the purchase. I consider reports from Oz to be a very important part
Of my decision making process! I will be asking Warren a lot of questions and
hope to hear from others like you and your buddy....
Thanks for making it to this forum and spreading the news!

Cheers!

Tye

Hi Tye

No worries. It will be our pleasure to enlighten you - hopefully in a positive way.
Tye, should you find out anything interesting from Warren, please share it with us. Thanks.

All the best

Jerry

jerrym1 said:
Hi Fishers Ghost,

I do agree with you, but if you take into consideration that such a tiny nugget is only detectable with the coil about 2" from the nugget, then if buried 2" deep you would have to drag the coil on the ground. I think the Warren's test was fair enough.

Cheers

Jerry

Scrapping the coils over the ground is common practice here and if I could have heard the ATX ping that nugget burried at 1.5 to 2 inches in that hot ground I would have been seriously impressed..