Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:video:XP DEUS VDI Numbers Videos I made..

gteague said:
thank you very much for the warm welcome and for the videos. when you are starting out, all resources available are needed and i need all i can get!

i subsequently found out what that crosshair icon seems to be (i thought i posted it, but i must have missed the 'post' button). it seems to flash when the signal is full strength. but considering you can see it is full strength by the shading of the right side of the horseshoe, the crosshair seems a little redundant and might have been used for something else. and maybe it is and i'm just not understanding its function fully.

/guy

Target is close, if not on, the surface when cross hairs light up. Signal strength.

You can skip past my jabbering and get right to the start of each test if you jump to the following times:

18khz starts at 6:30
12khz starts at 1:25
8khz starts at 1:09
4khz starts at 1:00

The tests are not perfect and they are air tests not inground tests...but they give you the general idea of where numbers come in.

Rusty bottlecaps were a real problem for me when I started using the Deus. I always hunt in 12Khz because I find it to get the best depth in my soil. I rarely ever dig a bottlecap anymore unless I want to and the solution was fairly easy. I set up my main hunting settings in the Basic 1 slot and saved them there. I then went back to the last slot (Basic 2) and changed it to 4Khz with the same basic settings as my modified Basic 1. When I get a quarter VDI ( I find a lot of rusty bottlecaps will show up here), I will just go back one slot and check the numbers in 4Khz. If the numbers in 4Khz are higher than in 12Khz then it has always been rusted junk for me. I have yet to find a coin when the 4Khz signals jump higher than the 12 and I have dug a lot of bottlecaps making sure that I am not missing anything. I generally do the same with dimes. I am sure that there are exceptions to this rule especially with real deep targets and I will dig those (no VDI) deep targets that show up barely in the right side of the horseshoe. I also will note that I am generally a coinshooter and rarely ever hunt for anything else.

pescadore said:
Rusty bottlecaps were a real problem for me when I started using the Deus. I always hunt in 12Khz because I find it to get the best depth in my soil. I rarely ever dig a bottlecap anymore unless I want to and the solution was fairly easy. I set up my main hunting settings in the Basic 1 slot and saved them there. I then went back to the last slot (Basic 2) and changed it to 4Khz with the same basic settings as my modified Basic 1. When I get a quarter VDI ( I find a lot of rusty bottlecaps will show up here), I will just go back one slot and check the numbers in 4Khz. If the numbers in 4Khz are higher than in 12Khz then it has always been rusted junk for me. I have yet to find a coin when the 4Khz signals jump higher than the 12 and I have dug a lot of bottlecaps making sure that I am not missing anything. I generally do the same with dimes. I am sure that there are exceptions to this rule especially with real deep targets and I will dig those (no VDI) deep targets that show up barely in the right side of the horseshoe. I also will note that I am generally a coinshooter and rarely ever hunt for anything else.

I just got my Deus and haven't even tested it out yet but I will definitely commit this information to memory and give it a try.