Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Videoing Finds

shawnIN

This is a little off topic and if it is in the wrong section, please move it. I was wondering what some of you use to video for Youtube and what you might recommend. Love watching detecting videos on Youtube and thought I might give it a try. Thanks in advance.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I know the iPhone works pretty well, but there must be better options.

I have a Kodak Zi6. Fits in your shirt pocket, can be used with tri-pod. Uses the postage stamp size cards and has great macro. I don't know if they make them new now or not. I've heard the Zi8's macro isn't as good, but I can't confirm that.

I know others use the Go-Pro camera, but I don't know anything about them.

Videoing is fun, and you can learn a lot about the machine by doing the recording the "Full" digs (listening to the tone before digging). However, it can take up to 10 minutes or so and that hampers your swing time. So its a give/take relationship.

Good luck.

NebTrac

I use powerdirector 12 Can be had new on ebay for under 60 bucks.
https://www.youtube.com/user/mowerdog/videos?view=0&flow=grid

I use a Kodak ZX5. They don't make them anymore but can still be found new on eBay (that's where I got mine). I love it. Waterproof, rustproof, shockproof. Nice and compact. People complain that because the battery is sealed that it can't ever be changed. Kind of like an iPhone. Well I just had a new iPhone battery installed a week ago and I talked to a camera shop and they said they can order and change the ZX5 battery. For editing I just use Windows Movie Maker that came installed on my desktop.

Kodak ZX5 and Powerdirector 12. The free ones Video editors) work but you get so many more features with Powerdirector.