Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vintage Lens: A Storm Is Brewing.........

Kelley (Texas)

The other day I decided to venture out into the field to take a few pictures. As I was taking pictures, I noticed a fast moving storm heading my way. This gave me a great opportunity to take pictures under a wide range of lighting conditions as well as obtaining some good cloud effects. I used my Sony NEX-6 camera and my vintage Sigma 35-70mm F2.8 zoom lens to take the pictures posted below.

I love using old, vintage lenses, and it is fun producing pictures that are as good as pictures produced by many expensive modern made lenses. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 325896 013edited1-19-16sigma35-70mmf2.8lens.jpg]

[attachment 325897 003edited1-19-16sigma35-70mmf2.8lens.jpg]

[attachment 325898 032edited1-19-16sigma35-70mmf2.8lens.jpg]

[attachment 325899 016edited1-19-16Sigma35-70mmf2.8lens.jpg]

I like all your pictures, and the sky in the last picture is great...
You always do a great job of taking pictures....
Them lens do a great job to..
Bj

BJ in Okla. said:
I like all your pictures, and the sky in the last picture is great...
You always do a great job of taking pictures....
Them lens do a great job to..
Bj

+1

Vintage lenses are the way to go.... just like an old car (or just about anything else),, they just don't make em like they use to! your photos are solid proof of that. Great captures

I agree with everyone. Great photos. Details are so fine and sharp....as though I'm standing right there with you. Was it a bad storm or just rain and some good ole thunder?

Must admit those are some stunning photos as well,i have a similar Sigma lens like yourself that i am planning on using with my new Nikon,its great that one can still use quality old lens that can actually be bought for a very reasonable price these days from Ebay.

Thanks for showing what can be achieved using old and new technology together.

but only a few drops of rain. I was disappointed that there was little rain, but happy to get some great pictures.

Also, Tiger Lilly time is just around the corner...it has been a long waiting time! Kelley (Texas) :)

Yes, soon it will be time to for the Tiger Lilies. :wiggle: Awesome pictures for sure.

I love a good storm as long as the power stays on.