Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vintage Lens: Union Pacific Locomotive 6858.........

Kelley (Texas)

I took this picture the other day at the rail yard at Kirby, Texas using my Sony NEX-6 camera and a vintage Sigma 28-84mm F3.5 lens at the following settings: F8, 1/1600 second, ISO 200, manual focus, Manual Mode. This is the second time that I have used this lens and don't know if I will keep it long term. I don't know why, can't explain it, but I just don't like this lens. Maybe with more use, I will learn to like it and change my opinion of it.

This locomotive was shiny and might have recently been painted...just a guess on my part. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 334964 022edited8-27-16Sigma28-84mmf3.5lens.noiseremoved.jpg]

n/t

I think its a great picture,,, Love Train pictures..
I read some where that your lens would work better on a Sony NEX 5 T,, :rofl:
So when you get ready to sell it,, just let me know...
Good job..
Bj

Very nice shot.... the color sure stands out. I understand your lens dilemma... could be the best lens around but if you have a doubt....just follow your gut feeling... you can always get another if you get sellers remorse. Keep the train photos coming!!

The colors on that locomotive vivid. Beautiful coloring and love the flag on the side. Thanks for sharing with us Kelly.

Love the shot. I know what you mean about the lens. I have a 85 to 300 that I've tried to like and just don't. Nothing wrong with it, works fine just something about it.