Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VISION upgraded to V3i

Hunt4Fun

Last fall I bought an original VISION used. At first it was fun to hunt with performing very well and locating some surprisingly deep targets. As time and hunts passed the VISION became less fun. False signals slowly increased and VDI indications were increasingly less stable. I read the manual many times, tested and changed search coils and tried everything advised on the V3 forums to make the machine run more stable. Occasionally a hunt or part of a hunt would go well but these good times became fewer and farther between. As these problems increased, I found myself walking out the door carrying my MXT more often.

I recently sent the VISION to Sweet Home with a note about the problems and asked for the V3i software upgrade . It came back performing like a completely different machine ... thanks Todd. It now works WAY better than it ever did before. Swinging the V3i (VISIONi) is now as much fun as swinging my MXT ... did not think I would ever say that.

What I thought I knew about this machine, no longer seems to be true. I am starting over to learn a NEW machine. I had my doubts before but I am now confident that I can learn and enjoy my V3i. I can even see the possibility that someday I may find the V3i even more fun than the MXT.

White

Great to hear that your enjoying the new iteration! I am still plugging along with 1.3 just fine but it will be nice to get the V3i upgrade.

Just sent my v3 in last week for upgrade - can't wait to get it back so the adventure can continue. I've read of some people saying the same things you are. I never had any of the problems i've read about - no doubt in my mind that Whites will get it right and/or make it right. Been using Whites machines since early 80's - recently upgraded to v3 from xlt that was 11 plus years old and never been in for repair - also have an old Surfmaster PI (1993) that is in Oregon now for refurb/calibration/tuneup - first time its' been in for anything. American made - quality - get what you pay for!!! Anyway, glad to hear the upgrade went well for you. Good luck to you and happy hunting.

hey got mine back a week ago getting a lot deep that it use to and a lot more stable hitting 22 shell at 11" to 13" man LOVE this thing

I got my VISION back three days back a very fast turn around and I too am surprise at the new machine it is all together a different machine I think I will enjoy this one a lot better now I just need to get out and learn it
Thanks Whites for such a advanced machine they are years ahead of the industry in service and quality DFXDon aka Weedwacker.

I just read a post where a guy had posted a fix for a problem. As usual many people jumped on the wagon, made the adjustment and started seeing GREAT results. The problem was the fix, fixed nothing. The reason we know this is the guy who posted the fix was man enough to post he found it didn't work in the field. What's this leading up to?

The V3i might be deeper than the V3, but Whites doesn't claim this. Make sure to measure your finds so we don't post what we want to see happening. I'm leaning toward it may be deeper. Maybe it is a little quieter with the new ground adjustments and we can hear some of the fainter targets? The problem at this time is no one can explain why it should be deeper. If it is it's a plus for us. [attachment 162670 Reading.gif].... Rob

Hi Rob,

In my original post, I never said that a V3i is deeper nor quieter that a V3. What I tried to describe was my original Vision suffering from an intermittent fault of some sort. And, I stated that when it returned from White

For what it's worth, I also have the impression that the V3i is running deeper than the V3 was. I dug a thumbtack today at 9", and a square nail at 12" -- both measured with a small tape I carry with me. (I also found a couple of silver dimes, but they were only five or six inches down.)

It sounds like your V3i is working well for you. A thumbtack at 9" is a good indication of some great deep finds to come. And, any day silver pops out is a great day.

Good fortune
Bob

Bob,
My statement didn't refer to you. As you have noticed several people have made the claim. I was just saying Whites did not make the claim. The i's may be deeper because the tracking has changed, because they are quieter, or it might be our wishful thinking. The fact is if it is deeper no one can explain how it happened. There was no particular change made to make it happen. It looks like a unexpected surprise that no one is complaining about. As I stated I haven't run a V3 for about 9 months so I just might be use to the extra deep. .....[attachment 163100 Reading.gif].........Rob

Rob,
From the first paragraph of your reply, I got the impression that you thought I knowingly posted a misleading statement. Evidently, that is not what you meant. I apologize for misinterpreting your reply.

White