Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Visiting the beach..got a program or two?

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guy
Making a trip to the beach with the D2 my Legend
wanted to give the legend a good tryout for some jewery hunting..
Some good settings,,numbers on jewelry would be greatly appreciated..joe

Both of the Legend's Beach choices supposedly work well. I have no experience on the beach but I would dig anything not iron.

I have 1.11 downloaded and no M3 in Beach??? Just Md and Mw…..

Yes, Beach mode only has MD & MW. You could use any Mode/Frequency you want on the dry dunes but Beach MD should be best for sand that gets wet but is presently dry on the surface. Beach MW for the damp sand & in the surf or underwater.

Manual suggests if GB numbers are greater than 2 to use Mw. I have no real idea as beach hunting is foreign to me but Im up to try anything. It will be next summer tho 😂

Appreciate the info Guys .. I only get to the beach couple times a year.. it can be hard to get a program dialed in with limited time...having a good tweaked program for the hunting conditions makes it lots more fun..joe

Joe,
hit up youtube…..there are a few good programs there for hunting saltwater beaches with the Legend…It’s actually a pretty darn good detector on the beach…Don’t go crazy with sensitivity…..You really don’t need a bunch…Jim

Hey Jim
That’s what I did .. there’s several program/settings I wrote down.. hopefully they will help speed up the progress on this beach detecting...appreciate Your time..Joe

I've played around with all settings on the OR coast-- all seem to hit targets just as well as any other.

Only found junk jewelry on sand with it so far though. On the beach, it is pretty much a dig everything environment.

Hi, I use the default settings. On dry beach, beach setting dry, recovery 6 or 7 for shallow targets and the wet sand beach setting recovery speed 3 and swing a little bit slower. On the dry sand, I focus on shallow targets with all the recent traffic on the beach. You could set your own custom setting when you get really familiar with your detector. I would rather focus on shallow targets and Cover more ground rather than spending alot of time and energy digging deep holes to find junk.
Hope this helps! 🤓

I have 1.11 downloaded and no M3 in Beach??? Just Md and Mw…..
I only use MW on the Atlantic beaches here in SC, works better for me I think because of all the salt here.