Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold Gain Digs and thoughts

Keith Southern

Been running the Gain model in a couple of house site of the 1860-1900 period...

I must say the Gain model is quickly becoming my favorite iron sifter model..Even with the large stock 11" coil I have not experienced such unmasking ability audibly.

The audio of the Gain model is Nirvana to my ears...I'm running on preset red dot for disc...Boost mode..full gain full sens...iron volume half way and regular volume full...Ground in these two site's was 12 o'clock ...2 tone..

The audio is some of the best I've encountered for multi targets at once under the coil...I can tell where a piece of iron is in relation to a non ferrous target or multiple targets at once I can creep around with the coil and have a barrage of targets at once under the coil but still pick out a tight small high tone even when large iron is high toning...a Very sonic picture..The Analog style audio has no peers for dissecting iron...the good sounds good the bad sounds bad..and Im blown away by the ability of this coil to isolate a good target in some very very bad iron..Better than most machines running small coil..especially digital machines..I almost feel like this is the best of the best old site machine I've ever encountered..

These couple of sites have been beat on by me and slew of others for decades..with everything and every coil combo..Yet almost all of my finds come from the harshest of larger iron sections inside the sites.

Nothing spectacular yet still finds all the least..and the Gain model is not partial to round or weird shapes it lights up any non ferrous with gusto..

The 30Khz at first had me scared I would chase small tiny bits and I did to start with till the Audio traits kicked in...I can tell size of non ferrous goodies just by there descriptive foot print..Something digital machines seems to have lost..that 6th sense feel..they sort of beep on small say .22 lead or coin sizes with same sizing feel..not the Gain I can tell the size by the audio nuances very easily...I can also on the ferrous tone side tell a nail from a say iron buckle with ease...AGAIN,, THE AUDIO IS A SONIC IMAGING DEVICE..Part of the magic is the iron tone is the same nuanced modulated type sound as the non ferrous tone..both sides of the audio (Rejected and Accepted) are very descriptive ..not a simple grunt on rejected but a full blown chorus of sound..

One of the best High Frequency units I've used..I like better than the 25Khz Vista gold..the Audio is a new level without a sacrifice for depth and unmasking is a step up...I'm in heaven running this gain model though my old beat sites...

Anyhow here's a neat Solid silver Buckle of sorts...
[attachment 354162 2018-01-24_09-17-38-Edited.jpg]

It was a good ten inches deep and had a beautiful smooth modulated high tone..

what's neat about it is someone has etched across the face Dec 25 1901
[attachment 354163 2018-01-24_09-17-56-Edited.jpg]

Then here's a Gold Cuff link and you wouldn't believe the iron it was intermingled with ay about 8 or so inches deep...the bottom and top is there the cross bar is missing..I about passed out for a minute though I had a dollar gold coin as I could see the gold disc stick from edge of red clay clod ball...
[attachment 354164 2018-01-24_09-18-27-Edited.jpg]

So two nice Old Jewlery finds lets the Gold Gain live up to its promise...

then a few more Hard to get targets on a DEAD site...and they were situated in such bad iron ( not nails but that and clunky iron) that till now they were not digable by units I've used here..And its shows the range of the Gain model round and or weird shapes are no issue..and a few of the buttons are iron back one of my favorite type recoveries in heavy iron...If I can locate these I know the machine is doing its job...aslo is a Round Iron buckle with tongue and half a U.S Civil war pack hook and a clock gear shaft..What not shown is over a couple dozen shotgun hulls ...and some weird scrap stuff..and a bucket of odd iron looking/hoping for relics..
[attachment 354165 IMG_20180124_220011-Edited.jpg]

The disc only covers iron so its a pure relic unit but I think it makes a great cleanup unit...if you think you've hunted a spot to death YOU HAVENT..I still have a lot of digging to do just on these two sites...and the small coil is coming so I may be in for a real eye opener AGAIN...Yet I'm still blown away by such a large coil unmasking to the degree this 11 does..The audio is world class on this unit...If you like old school analog audio this is the cream of the crop ...I've always been amazed by the analog Meets 21st century feel that DeepTech offers..and this gain model is a True Flagship for them and the forte they aim for..

Keith

Truly great write up Keith and nice finds indeed..... I'm loving VGG and now the Super Six is available I'm sure it will be absolutely amazing in the busy iron areas, not that it struggles too much even with the Pitbull on.

Good stuff :thumbup:

Awesome post Keith and it is very impressive so many targets came out of that pounded ground. Hopefully, you have a video of the hunt that you can post as well. Can't wait to see what that Super Six is capable of on that machine. Look forward to more of your postings with the VGG.

Greg

Thanks guys..

Yes the Pitbull coil is truly amazing in iron for its size..It can see stuff some machines with say a six inch cant see..!!!

Here's something I notice on the Super Six[S6](5x:geek: Vs the Pitbull [PB](11")

The S6 is at home in the tiny iron and sees stuff in smaller nails the Pitbull doesn't see..YET the PB sees stuff in larger iron the S6 does not see...and that may sound STRANGE...But not really...the Audio on the machines is so telling from SIZING of rejected ferrous the same as it is from accepted non ferrous...that is its not a simple grunt but a full blown audio report on the iron in a low tone..so there's so much target info from both tones and the way the large coil can see multiple targets at once and let you know they are there, the big coil is not as saturated by a large piece of iron in its field of view like the S6 would be so it can still alert you to a co-locate in with the large iron...

The S6 sees smaller items and that works well for picking the smaller stuff in small iron VERY well...Yet the Big coil works well on larger iron in terms of being able to not be SWAMPED by say a horseshoe or plow point or kettle piece..so it actually can see coin sizes and up intermingled with those large pieces of iron where as the smaller coil on a large piece of iron is overwhelming to it....

Both these coils are a must have and basically all you need to really PUNISH a site..Never seen a machine be able to paint a picture of a site like this Gain does and its by the way it allows multiple targets at once to be dissected audibly while in field of view of coil..Big iron for coin size non ferrous on up I like the PB...nail beds for coin size non ferrous on down I like the S6..

They need to sell the Gain with both these coils as a pro pack..!!

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Thanks guys..

Yes the Pitbull coil is truly amazing in iron for its size..It can see stuff some machines with say a six inch cant see..!!!

Here's something I notice on the Super Six(5x:geek: Vs the Pitbull (11")

The S6 is at home in the tiny iron and sees stuff in smaller nails the Pitbull doesn't see..YET the PB sees stuff in larger iron the S6 does not see...and that may sound STRANGE...But not really...the Audio on the machines is so telling from SIZING of rejected ferrous the same as it is from accepted non ferrous...that is its not a simple grunt but a full blown audio report on the iron in a low tone..so there's so much target info from both tones and the way the large coil can see multiple targets at once and let you know they are there, the big coil is not as saturated by a large piece of iron in its field of view like the S6 would be so it can still alert you to a co-locate in with the large iron...

The S6 sees smaller items and that works well for picking the smaller stuff in small iron VERY well...Yet the Big coil works well on larger iron in terms of being able to not be SWAMPED by say a horseshoe or plow point or kettle piece..so it actually can see coin sizes and up intermingled with those large pieces of iron where as the smaller coil on a large piece of iron is overwhelming to it....

Both these coils are a must have and basically all you need to really PUNISH a site..Never seen a machine be able to paint a picture of a site like this Gain does and its by the way it allows multiple targets at once to be dissected audibly while in field of view of coil..Big iron for coin size non ferrous on up I like the PB...nail beds for coin size non ferrous on down I like the S6..

They need to sell the Gain with both these coils as a pro pack..!!

Keith

I am still amazed watching the 11" seperate in the iron. The S6 seems like a dream come true! The VG machines are seriously overlooked here in the US and I am glad for what you have done to try and reveal to people just how amazing these machines are in the iron and for depth. I have some hard hunted fields here that I plan on trying the Epic coil on when I am able to purchase the VGG. I'll be very interested to see how it performs on the VGG after they release it and if it provides significantly more depth.

WOW! Keith amazing finds man hoping to get back out there this summer but i like that new VGG for sure and keep the tests and finds coming man!

Keith, that VGG sure is a Monster of a machine! To me there is no other machine that can compete with it for pulling deep nonferrous or nonferrous from iron, it’s truly in a league all it’s own.

Hey amcjavelin, nice to see you post, hope your making some great finds.

John

Sand dog, you and Keith are going to get me in trouble again ! I'm going to order one tomorrow. Im looking forward to using it on my old civil war sites.
Thanks for the post Keith.

Brushcutter, I’m confident you’ll make some good finds with it. Make sure you get the super six coil also if there’s heavy iron and to get in spots where it’s hard to swing a bigger coil. The super six coil is very deep also, it hits my 12” quarter no problem in my test bed which to me is stunning because the VGG is running at 30khz which is really really good for low conductors but it hits the deep high conductors also, my theory is the deeper the targets are no matter the conductivness the harder they are to detect, so at fringe depth detectors are prone to lose signal strength and falsely report many good nonferrous targets as ferrous, to me the VGG has the uncanny ability to report these deeper nonferrous targets as dig me targets. On a second note I’m heading down to sc to visit my sister and family this Tuesday, they just bought a small 38 acre farm. My sister said that there’s an old house foundation and caretakers house foundation on the property that she was told is from the 1700s. You can bet I’ll be swinging the VGG there. She did mention that the snakes are out which I’m not too keen on though as I’ve never hunted down there and don’t know what snake is what. Dam I hate snakes, anyway I think you’ll do very good with the VGG. Thanks

John

Sand dog said:
Brushcutter, I’m confident you’ll make some good finds with it. Make sure you get the super six coil also if there’s heavy iron and to get in spots where it’s hard to swing a bigger coil. The super six coil is very deep also, it hits my 12” quarter no problem in my test bed which to me is stunning because the VGG is running at 30khz which is really really good for low conductors but it hits the deep high conductors also, my theory is the deeper the targets are no matter the conductivness the harder they are to detect, so at fringe depth detectors are prone to lose signal strength and falsely report many good nonferrous targets as ferrous, to me the VGG has the uncanny ability to report these deeper nonferrous targets as dig me targets. On a second note I’m heading down to sc to visit my sister and family this Tuesday, they just bought a small 38 acre farm. My sister said that there’s an old house foundation and caretakers house foundation on the property that she was told is from the 1700s. You can bet I’ll be swinging the VGG there. She did mention that the snakes are out which I’m not too keen on though as I’ve never hunted down there and don’t know what snake is what. Dam I hate snakes, anyway I think you’ll do very good with the VGG. Thanks

John

Buy yourself a good pair of snake boots and you will feel a whole lot better while hunting. Scope out the area you want to bend down and dig in carefully as well.

Thanks for the information Sand dog. Hope you have a great trip to SC. I've been around snakes my hole life and I despise them too. The Mississippi River bottoms ,where I hunt, are full of rattlers, copperheads and cotton mouths. Like cz70 said, a good pair of snake boots will make you feel a lot better.
Be careful and happy hunting.

Great post! I have the Smart Plus and hunt mainly in heavy iron. The Pitbull is truly incredible in how it separates. And you are right about hunted out sites. They are not hunted out until I have been over it with my Smart Plus! Hoping to get the VGG next.

Yes John the 30Khz gain punches on deep high coins brass etc with best of them and I don't say this lightly it may be the best Iron sifter on the market ..The bulldog is amazing in iron the super six is stellar!!

Very hard to say since there's so many great Iron dissectors out there today But the audio nuances allow targets to be massaged out of iron...

I've been a firm believer in the Deeptechs since first using the RG 1000 V2 years ago and then using all there different models ...I was impressed with Warrior audio the most but liked the DTVG the best for site work...Well the Gain combines both those machines into one and I am now truly impressed with a no nonsense straight forward workhorse of machine that can make dead sites produce!!

Keith

Hi Brandon Hope all is well!!

good luck when you get out!!

Keith

Hi Keith. I have been thinking of upgrading from a Gold to a Gain. You talk of the improved audio, as others have, but I wonder if you could be more specific as to the differences.
I've not used a Warrior, and value your opinion on these machines. Best Regards, Tim.

R2T2 said:
Hi Keith. I have been thinking of upgrading from a Gold to a Gain. You talk of the improved audio, as others have, but I wonder if you could be more specific as to the differences.
I've not used a Warrior, and value your opinion on these machines. Best Regards, Tim.

The Audio of the Gain is akin to the Smart and Warrior...WhatI see with that is the audio is how should I say more descriptive and Tighter feeling.

When it locks onto something good even a intermingled target it has more intelligence in the report..The rise and fall of the non ferrous targets audio report is well rounded sounding inside the iron iron grunts that may be coming in at the same time.

This is where the Gain will open your eyes...in a sea of iron ..non stop grunts and and falsing iron sounds...there will be a report come through and it may only be a report that repeats say 90 degrees out of 360 rotation of target but that report is so clean and tight and nuanced you have to investigate it...and USUALLY there's a target intermingled in the hole with alot of iron...This is where the eye opening is ..the ability to lock onto a smidgen of a peek and make you want to go after where on say other machines that PROCESSES audio digitally it may not have enough intelligence to make it seem better than just the sea of bippity high tone iron false..The warrior and smart have this audio too but they are not coupled to the higher freq that is inherently more reactive to masked targets in iron...Combine audio with higher freq and you have a great iron sifter..I Like it better than ANY of the world class sifters in iron..the best may see targets too but the Gain slaps you in the face with the audio intelligence it provides to make you investigate what others may not...

Maybe that makes more sense??

Keith