Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold gets one I have been seeking for over 40 years :hot:

Ray-Mo.

Went back to my CW town site with the many carpets of nails from over 40 structures having been burned to the ground during the CW. The Gold just keeps getting better as I learn just how good it is in nails.The Bust Half Dime was in the nails just waiting for the right machine to discover it.Had found several seated Half dimes and dimes along with a 3 cent silver in same 40 by 80 foot area with the E-Trac and one more Half Dime with the Deus but the last several hunts had given up zero coins no matter how well I re-hunted this area.

Then came the Gold and it squeaked out the best coin yet for me at this site.Also pulled a 1860 Indian the second time I hunted said site with it.I keep thinking there should be a gold coin hiding there and if so I believe the Gold will hit it for me.

Not a machine I would recommend for modern sites but it is superb for older relic type sites without a lot of modern trash to contend with.It just keeps amazing me with its ability to hit small targets in the heavy nails and never false on the nails :thumbup:

Great finds Ray! Can't wait to get rid of all this snow so i can hit my old foundations in the woods with my Vista Gold.

Congratulations Ray, she sure is a beauty. A Bust is still on my wish list..... 30 years and counting....

This is an exeptional detector to have pulled that out , of the nails, I think its the best detector out thear for doing this - boy would i freek out if i seen that turn up in the dirt.

Lookin' good, Ray. Got my Vista Gold last week. Looking forward to hitting my Civil War era ghost town with it. Just like yours, it's "nail city"

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Very nice find Ray. I have been watching videos on the Gold. I have also been reading the reports on the other forum. I have the Deus, but it looks like the Gold hits the targets harder. It also does seem to ignore the iron better than the Deus just like you said. I just don't have enough old sites to make the purchase worth my while. I think the modern trash would have me very frustrated. They need to have a model with full discrimination available. I would be all over it. Nice! I dream of finds like that.

Excellent find Ray, been detecting since the 1970's and still waiting for my first one.

Ray,

The Vista Gold is working well for you! Congratulations on a beautiful coin recovered from the iron nail pit - Jim

Awesome Ray.....Hopefully they will come out with a model with some type of discrimination.......;o)

Super nice . That is probably one in a lifetime find. Just wondering why is it more shiny in the first photo .Did you clean it was something to make it turn black.or is it just the lighting of the shot.Congratulations again.

I was in 2 tone with disc set very low and boost on at 40 sens. with speed on slow.Ground balance was in the red at a little past 1:00 and I was moving at a snails pace. Ground was very wet with water filling the hole as I dug it. There were 2 small square nails in same small hole that my pro pointer hit first. I had been digging quite a few small lead buck shots and was thinking another one. As I got the signal with the pin pointer I used it to push the mud away from target and it took a few seconds of rubbing the mud away before it dawned on me it was a small coin :blink:

Great. Thanks for the info. I'm sure a lot of other users of the Gold will interested in your method.

I'll let Paul,Ca know how you did. He and I are good friends.