Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista smart plus arived today

Received my machine today and chomping at the bit to get it in some iron. I would like to thank Richard at Backwoods Detectors for prompt service. Arived perfectly. I will be taking this machine to several hunted out sites as soon as possible. 80% of the homesites have been pounded by me and many others over the past 40 years or so. The main reason I bought this machine is picking through iron. Hope to have some videos up soon.Of course they are calling for snow this weekend here in Virginia. Go figure...

That is one super deep machine...I have the Vista smart with out the iron Volume...Bit man I dug elbow deep on a spoon from the late 1800's.... I also snagged targets that were 5" in the ground plus 6" of snow on top !.....As far as hunting iron infested hunted out spots...I have done very well finding non ferrous targets...However there is always a catch. Big iron will still come thru as a high tone...Like all VLFs.....Which is not a bad thing because once you remove big iron there may be a small non ferrous item "gem" that may be found once you rescan the hole. Of course the raise the coil trick will help identify these big iron targets as well. I have also dug beer cans cans at 14" deep at sites that were very old....but big equipment while doing there dozer work placed them deep. Don't get fustarted if some sites don't produce....If your using the Vista and nothing good comes up...Well that means nothing good is there ! One more thing ....This detector is super powerfull,don't be afraid to turn down. The sensitivity a bit .... Good luck on your new kick butt machine !

[size=large]Quote " Hunted out spot my butt !! I have hammerd this site for months. Everything was over 7 inches down through the iron." **

** By Permission
[/size]

With my metal detecting team we always compare the signals for different machines, like Whites Spectra, XP Deus, RUTUS and this machine almost always outperforms it with any problem. Of Course isn't wireless. and haven't LCD screen, but I don't care about it.