Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista X question

Joseph in Alabama

Just picked up another Vista X from Richard..had one several years ago let it get away..
The X is a very good detector in open fields..opened up it is extremely deep & being fast in iron is another plus with this detector
My question is.. there was a trick with the threshold/gain setting that really helped with this detector..I've looked at my notes and tried to do a search on Findmall buy it only goes back to 2020...(all the old forum info is gone as far as I can tell)..if anyone remembers this threshold setting would appreciate the info..thank joe

I'm not sure what "trick" you are remembering. I always set mine up with Gain @45 & Threshold high enough to hear some feedback to do a good Ground Balance in Disc mode. Then I will adjust both the Gain & Threshold to suite the site. Clean low mineral dirt both controls as high as EMI & the ground will allow. On trashy or higher mineral sites I will run the Gain a good bit lower & try to keep the Threshold as high as practical. The Vista X is a pretty unique machine in todays world. If you have a test garden, experiment with how low you can adjust both Gain & Threshold, separately & together and still hit 10, 8 & 6 inch coins. Try Max Gain & Minimum Threshold. Try Minimum Gain & Max Threshold. Try both at 40, 35, 30.... It is surprising & good to know when you are out in the field.

I figured something out in that regard, might have been my post. Looked thru my files, just haven't found that information yet.

Hey Sven
I was thinking it was You or Keith that had found some special sauce that made the X run smoother..all the old info seems to be gone
Tom D's site has a few pages on the X..
Thanks.. joe

Hello BC
I figured as much but don't do FB..
Thanks..joe

Keith recommended running the Threshold up to where you would hear a little sizzle, the backing it off just enough to go quiet, then hunt. The Gain was set according to the ground feedback after a good Ground Balance. Hotter ground gets less Gain. The Threshold is for depth/target sizing and EMI.