Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VLX1 and VLX2

Indotguy

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but could someone please explain the Impact's VLX1 and VLX2 modes?
I wish the manual was available online so maybe I could answer some of these questions on my own!
Thanks...

Indotguy said:
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but could someone please explain the Impact's VLX1 and VLX2 modes?
I wish the manual was available online so maybe I could answer some of these questions on my own!
Thanks...

Hello...hope this helps:
VLX1
3-tone discrimination mode designed for users who prefer a lower noise level while detecting. Ideal for coin hunting on changing grounds and different levels of mineralization. It will provide weaker responses for fringe depth targets as well as ground and environmental noises. Therefore, it is suitable for use with Disc. set to 0 and at higher gain levels. If needed, a more stable operation can be obtained by increasing the Disc. but Disc. will create a greater loss in depth in this mode compared to others.
VLX2
Resembles the VLX1 in terms of characteristics. However, it is a deeper mode utilizing 4-tones and it is ideal for both coin and relic hunting in changing ground conditions and all levels of mineralization.

PS. Just finished the manual... will proofread on Monday and post it online.

Thanks, really looking forward to reading the user manual so I'm prepared when my detector gets here.

Excellent and thanks for the info. I look forward to reading the manual.

Be patient, everyone. I'm going through the revised/updated draft User Manual
right now. I'm about half-way through it and taking a break.

It's looking very good. I only have a few minor typos and clarifications that I will
be sending to Dilek, probably tomorrow (assuming the second half looks equally
clean).

Once the manual is available to all, a lot of questions should be answered.

Tom

I finished my edit of the Impact User Manual and emailed my suggested changes
back to Dilek at Nokta. She's incredibly busy, I'm sure, dealing with all the issues
that are involved with the release of a new major product, but I'm hoping she will
be able to update the manual soon and put it on their website.

The bottom line, from my perspective (if anyone cares):
The manual is excellent.

Nokta did an extremely good job.

I look forward with anticipation to reading the manual. Thanks a lot for keeping us up to date on the progress.