Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Volcanic sand

robinb

Has anyone tried out the 3030 on black volcanic sand beaches ?

Just wondering how well it performed ?

Also have an excalibur so trying to decide which is best to take on a trip but can only take one.

Thanks

I hunt saltwater beaches in Hawaii, plenty of magnetite and other ferrites. The CTX is designed to ignore the ferrous. Like all detectors you'll lose some depth but not as much as most VLF (FBS is a hybrid design, it does better in mineralized ground, while retaining depth and target ID, than most). I use the CTX underwater, so either should work - whatever you are used too.

Thanks for feed back on that.

This side of pond there is a couple of places that have volcanic beaches so appreciate your comments.

About 12 years ago I was lucky enough to goto big island, beautiful place and such a good climate, you must have a blast there :)