Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Volume control for XL pro?

poptop

Has anyone modified an XL pro for a volume control like the 6000 di pro sl? I ask this question because I like many of the lightweight open headphones that come without individual controls, especially in hot weather. It seems that it would be fairly easy to drill a hole in the case and use a Radio Shack potentiometer between the output lead to the headphone jack. Has anyone done this?

Why not just buy an in-line volume control from Radio Shack? The only catch is they are usually 1/8" jacks so you would probably need 1/4" adaptors if your headphones don't have the 1/8" size. It's worth a look without having to deface your detector.

OldeTymer

my ears. As such, I have ended up using the "original" Grey Ghost phones which encloses my ears, not press up against them.

I tried to use a pair of light weight phones several years ago, with a detector with no volume control...and I ended up putting some cotton in my ear. I finally stopped using the phones because the pressure on my ear gave me headaches. Unfortunately, full size phones are miserable to use during our hot summers down here in South Texas, but I just have to live with it. Wrangler :)

Thanks for the suggestion Olde tymer. I thought about the out board set up but I would just like it to be clean and handy. I was surprised to see Whites leave out this feature, especially on a top end machine. This is the only complaint about this machine that I have heard and it usually comes from old 6000 di pro users like myself. I love my di Pro but I like the lighter weight and balance of the XLs. Sense this doesn't seem to have been done, I think I will call Whites to get some input on the possibility. Hopefully they will be able to sell me a volume knob and I will be ready to attack. I'm sure that I can make it look 100% factory.:)

I know what you mean about hot Kelley! I was fortunate enough to find a great set of phones that exert very little pressure, light weight and cool in the summer. Within a minute or two, I forget that I have them on. I also have a hunting buddy that has a sense of humor about as warped as mine. We just love to twist each others controls when caught off guard.:biggrin: