Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Volume control

rsarge1

Hi guys I hope one of you experts can help me, I wanted to use my earbuds from my I-phone so I got me an adapter and plugged it in to the wm10 module, it works fine problem is the volume is too high so I went to the volume gain control and turned it down as far as it would go but it still isn't enough and I can't find anything in the manual for controlling the volume differently, any Ideas? or do I need to get a separate volume control switch for the ear plugs? my grey ghosts already has a volume limiter and volume controls so I haven't had this problem until I wanted to use the ear buds on hot days thanks for any help.

sarge

Volume limit needs to be adjusted not gain.. Gain adjusts the volume on more on shallow , or less on deeper targets..

hey thanks I thought I had tried that also but I guess not that works great

thanks

sarge

Pages 22-23 in the manual for audio volume (Threshold) adjustments. You have 4 audio methods that can be adjusted: Audio of the detector speaker, audio of the detector connected headphones, audio of the WM10 (no headphones), and the audio for WM10 with headphones. You can set these in the Universal settings in the XChange2 app. or in the CTX. If you are making the Threshold adjustment in the CTX, have the method of audio that you are wanting make the Threshold adjustment for operating. The CTX will then adjust the Threshold only for that particular audio method: headphones to WM10, detector speaker, etc. (If you turn on the detector and adjust the Threshold of the detector speaker without the headphones attached and then plug in your headphones, the Threshold was adjusted for the detector speaker not the headphones.)

Don't forget to turn your gain back up...With it turned all the way down, you wont hear many deep targets if any.