Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 and DFX

Flintstone

Hi all, How much deference is there in a VX3 and a DFX? I just traded for a DFX and just want to know if there are much alike. I have never had a DFX but did have a VX3. I liked the VX3 but needed some money so i sold it. I had a Minelab and traded for the DFX. Any help would be nice. I looked at the DFX forum and got a very good utube for the DFX. I think i will like it. I know Larry used one for years. Flintstone

Yep, DFX was my favorite for many years until the V3 came along. Really there is not anything in common between the two models.

Howdy Flintstone--

I think that you will be happy with your DFX. It's a very good detector. I've made some of my BEST finds with mine. When I got the Vision and eventually the V3i, I kept the DFX. I still take it out for "spin" every now and then. It's like putting on an old comfortable, broken in pair of boots. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I'm running with my DFX again and even though I'll be getting a V3i again.....ran the DFX for so long,we kick tail together.

Well i have used the DFX, for three hunts now and like quit well. I still miss my VX3, I have ran the MXT for about 14 years now and love it, So i know the VDIs well. The DFX is a little hard to set up, if i get something not right it will show. I love to just turn on the MXT and you know how it is set. If Whites would ever make a MXT that ran with the 3KHz and 15 like the DFX, i would go to Whites so to be the first to get one. Thanks for all the help and i will keep swing, Hope this heat lets up. Flintstone

The MXT is the one Whites machine I have never owned but have had in my hands a lot. I'll always remember a group of us testing a prototype wrapped in duct tape. When we'd switch off I'd try and get an MXT to learn it better....with all of us just learning the proto and the MXT being so basic, I found so much stuff it was silly.
The DFX is easy after you learn to use the basic language but the MXT is much easier.