Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 changes

Rob (IL)

This is the way I see the VX3. Some things were dropped but will not affect performance. Some things were also deleted like Stereo Mixed Mode or non normalized mode, but if you don't use it, it wouldn't affect your hunting. Some things were deleted that could affect performance and most people use the feature.

[attachment 202712 CarlChart.jpg]

I marked correlate green, but marked span and wrap red. Correlate span and wrap are preset so in some instances this could limit correlate performance. The same with BC reject and Hot rocks, they are preset. If the presets work in your soil, you will never miss these feature adjustments.

I just read this in the Q&A thread at the whites forum from a mod who has the unit and testing it.

Q: "What about no Bottlecap Reject and Hot Rock reject?"
A: VX3 has both of these features. They are preset. My VX3 shuts down hard on my bottlecap sample and ignores the hot rocks that I used testing / setting up my V3i programs. Like DFX / V3i, there will be caps and hot rocks that you'll see. I'm happy with the performance of both of these presets.

Q: "I don't like the idea of not being able to set the threshold"
A: I think this was based on a misunderstanding of an early forum post. You CAN set the threshold level. There's no "Silent Search" selection, but you can set the Threshold Level = 0 and achieve the same thing.
A: You can also set the Self Adjusting Threshold (S.A.T.) speed.

Q: "Are there really NO User Programs? Do I have to use just the factory settings?"
Q: "Can't I configure / save a custom program?"
A: There are actually eight ( "User Programs". VX3 keeps a COPY of each of the factory programs that you can configure. Each time you power down via the OFF / ON switch, VX3 SAVES the current settings that you were running, and when you power up next time, your custom program is loaded. You can't NAME the program, but if you have a custom C&J setup, when you load C&J, you'll load your custom setup.

Q: "Can I adjust Recovery Delay?"
A: Yes. Recovery Delay can be adjusted to accommodate sweep speed and coil size.

I noticed that you have a black block for correlate sel. Was that intentional? Correlate/best data are not a selectable option on VX3. Maybe I read it wrong.

I changed it, but I meant there was no select. Correlates is on all the time for Max performance I probably should have it marked Red because I can't get best data.

I just read this in the Q&A thread at the whites forum from a mod who has the unit and testing it.

Q: "What about no Bottlecap Reject and Hot Rock reject?"
A: VX3 has both of these features. They are preset. My VX3 shuts down hard on my bottlecap sample and ignores the hot rocks that I used testing / setting up my V3i programs. Like DFX / V3i, there will be caps and hot rocks that you'll see. I'm happy with the performance of both of these presets.
I marked them as a minus for performance because it is not adjustable. Presents wouldn't work in all situations.

Q: "I don't like the idea of not being able to set the threshold"
A: I think this was based on a misunderstanding of an early forum post. You CAN set the threshold level. There's no "Silent Search" selection, but you can set the Threshold Level = 0 and achieve the same thing.
A: You can also set the Self Adjusting Threshold (S.A.T.) speed.
Right, Carl had it blank.

Q: "Are there really NO User Programs? Do I have to use just the factory settings?"
Q: "Can't I configure / save a custom program?"
A: There are actually eight ( "User Programs". VX3 keeps a COPY of each of the factory programs that you can configure. Each time you power down via the OFF / ON switch, VX3 SAVES the current settings that you were running, and when you power up next time, your custom program is loaded. You can't NAME the program, but if you have a custom C&J setup, when you load C&J, you'll load your custom setup.
Less convenient but won't hurt performance.

Q: "Can I adjust Recovery Delay?"
A: Yes. Recovery Delay can be adjusted to accommodate sweep speed and coil size.
Right, Carl had it blank.

I made changes I didn't see Carl's edit.

I used to use the DFX.... except for the look, coil, and display its awfully close. Wonder why they opted to put a machine out in this price range... just trying to produce an upgrade at a lower cost without doing it with the DFX? Im surprised they didnt use the coil thou i think most manufacturers have found a 12 inch coil to be an excellent choice. Perhaps it has to do with the current change in hunting styles geared more toward gold.

Dew

I would have to disagree with you Dew although I think I would be right to say the VX3 will replace the DFX in the White's lineup. The DFX technology is getting quite aged and for White's to offer a "light" version of the V3 is a wise choice for its replacement. State of the art processor and software are key market strategies to keep White's in the spotlight for the most advanced detectors on the market. High resolution color display, three active operating frequencies and wireless headphones has to be top shelf industry wide. Also abandoning the 12" coil as a general purpose coil is another move in the right direction, it was far too large for most hunting conditions and the people who had them often replaced it with smaller coils, although it was good for add-on sales.

The only thing that doesn't seem right to me is the $300 price spread between the VX3 and V3i. For $300 more than the VX3, you get SO much more for your money IMO. If White's would include the V3i battery package with the VX3 at no additional charge, I think they would have a real winner on their hands.

I should have said affects performance compared to the V3i. IMHO the VX3 will prove to be a better detector than the DFX and a great performer. Not everyone will need the DD coil and WHP. For me though, I would go broke without the rechargeable battery system.