Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vx3 issues

My vx3 gives me a lot of one direction beeps. In other words it will beep swinging to the right but not coming back to the left.

Did you dig these signals? You haven't given enough information. :confused:

Are you using the Coin program ? If so it may be trying to reject zinc pennies. Sometimes you get a beep in one direction and not the other. switch to the C&J program and see what happens.

I purchased my VX3 used. The coil was updated to the DD. Whole unit looked new! When I received it, out the door I went. After about 30 minutes, I was ready to pull my hair out. Tone in one direction only and deep readings(8 to 12 inches). Did not dig them due to one directional readings. Low and behold, I remembered that I hadn't taken soil content into consideration. Started from scratch and within 10 minutes found a 1956 dime at 4 1/2. Near perfect condition. I've searched this yard by grid with my classic ID. Very impressed with the VX3 but a lot to learn. Hope it helps someone or at least someone gets a chuckle at my expense.

I would check the ground balance. I had my machine do this when I had not properly ground balance the machine.

My experience with the VX3, In trashy ground with big coils it did what you describe alot, "would drive me crazy":) But i found out what i believe it was doing was trying to give good signals because i was trying to run my sens to high.. that's what i think my problem was.. With the V3i and some experience from the VX3 i am more an more inpressed with the V. good luck and happy hunting

Searched an old homestead last night. Usually detect as a stress reliever. Needless to say, I was ready to toss the VX3 in the trash. Went through ground balance numerous times. Turned sensitivity down. Couldn't swing without getting one directional signals. Was digging anything that received signal in both directions. Constant hum in the headphones. Digging junk when reading 50 cent readings. No one close to work with. Transitioned from classic ID. Not even sure detector is working correctly because I have nothing to compare it to.

evtech2

Did you buy a new or used detector? If used, you might have a bad coil or previous owner screwed it up, not so likely if it is a new one. Did you try another location? You can call White's factory and they will walk you through a master reset. If you bought new, you can call your dealer and ask for a replacement. Are there any dealers within driving distance? Do you know any MX5, MXT, DFX, M6 or V series users nearby so you can try another coil?

This is not directly related to your problem, but you might want to start your own thread instead of posting on someones elses post......:shrug:

You said you came from an ID. It had no threshold hum. A threshold hum is normal with this detector. I used to have an IDX.

Did you do the coil test?

How are you ground balancing? Are you getting a balance?

When you are getting 50 cent signals, then use the pinpoint. If the 2.5 bar is not the longest it is junk. It works the same for quarters, if 2.5 isn't longest it's a bottle cap.

Do you get one way signals only to the left, to the right, or both ways?

Where are you located?

Rob & Larry,
I purchased the vx3 used. Noted in the Manuel that previous owner highlighted modulation. I reside about 50 miles south of Notre Dame University. Sandy soil we refer to as Starke County gold. I have to admit that I'm completely LOST with this instrument. It came to me with the 10 dd coil. Learning curve to say the least. I've tried auto and Manuel ground balance. Honestly probably not doing it correctly.thanks rob for the input. Signals are both left or right. I'm going to keep at it though because I love the hobby and the support of those involved. As I said in an earlier post, I've turned sensitivity down as well. Not at the level to mess with other settings on my own. Thanks for the input and will post when I overcome my next lesson

I would call White's and Mary will walk you through a master reset. Hard telling what the previous owner did to it. You also have three dealers within diving distance, one in Goshen, one in Bristol and one in Fort Wayne, I'm sure any one of them would be happy to look at your detector. If you call White's have the coil code that is stamped on the mounting ear handy and give that info to White's, some early 10"DD coils had a problem with them. Hard telling what coil you got, the stock VX3 should have had a 950 with it.

Buying used is risky sometimes.

Good luck

It's new but I don't ground balance it. The instructions said if you start detecting within 20 seconds it will do an auto ground balance. I've only used it three times for about 6 hours total

That's your first mistake. Always do a GOOD ground balance. JMHO

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1864457

Yes sir I know now, my DFX didn't need one