Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vx3 or 3vi newbie decision help

CanadaDig

I have been metal detecting for 5 months and have a friend who is going to get me a whole sale price on either a vx3 or 3vi. I know I can buy the vx3 without my wife yelling too much, but I dont want to regret not buying the 3vi. I just bought a Fisher 4 and may keep it as a backup but could always sell it and have enough to get the 3vi. I compared them on Kellyco but dont know what some of the ability differences mean. Any Suggestions? I would really like someone with advice. This question may have been asked before but I have to make a decision by Tuesday to order.

The V3i can be made to work like a VX3 but not the reverse, IMHO you lose some useful features and hardware on the VX3 for the more advanced user. The main advantage of the VX3 is simplicity and if you think you will have a hard time learning, or will not use many of the advanced features then I would recommend getting a VX3. Some people don't like to learn and just want to turn on a machine and go hunting, if this sounds like you then you are a great candidate for the VX3.

Here is the owners manual for the V3i and a comparison sheet of the two machines to help you understand them little better. http://whiteselectronics.com/v3i.html Go to manuals tab.

Went I got my new detector in July this year I was going to get the VX3 but went with the V3I my thinking was if I got the Vx3 after a year or two when I learned the detector and wanted it to do more then I wood have to move up so by getting the V3i it has it all . So I am really happy that I got the V3I it is a killer detector. Have been getting old coins at 8 to 12 inches.:twodetecting::whites::crazy:

Thank You Guys Very Much. I love Electronics and Love Messing around trying to figure things out. I caught the Metal Detecting bug for sure. i read, and watch Utube hours per day, I bought the F4 this Summer and its really simplistic, not saying Im a pro but feel that If I want to know my machine and get good at it, I would rather learn a harder machine, Thank You very much, I will let everyone know what I bought...THankssssssss