Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 screen replacement

coinspader

Anybody here replace a scratched screen on a VX3 or V3i , I bought a new one for my VX3 and was curious if anybody had any tips on performing this operation

Attachments

• -2736871334327602341.jpg
    -2736871334327602341.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 227
If the scratch is not very deep. Super fine automotive sand paper and or rubbing compound may take it out. I’ve never replaced a screen. Maybe one of the guys on modifications can give you some suggestion.

From the picture, it looks like it is just the screen cover that is scratched. If so, the cover is pealed off and the new one put back on. It is just a stick on piece of plastic. If it is the screen you want to replace, it is just a little bit harder. You have to open up the display pod and I believe a few screws are holding in the screen and the ribbon cable slides out of the connector.

Screen cover replaced, very easy to do, just took an exacto knife and lifted one edge till I could get my finger nail under it and just peeled it right off. The replacement screen had a sticky backing and just carefully laid in place. Looks like new.:)

Attachments

• 20210411_105149.jpg
    20210411_105149.jpg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 226
Now that White's had shut down their plants it is good to have some spare parts as you don't know how long they become available in the market...
(btw, I'm NOT interested in selling those parts!)

1618487321474.jpeg

1618487357599.jpeg

1618487439059.jpeg

1618487469160.jpeg

I have been doing the same thing stocking up on replacement parts. The well is running dry!!