Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wandering in the woods with my V3i & SEF part 2

Ytcoinshooter

I went back to the same location, it's a hilly often steep wooded site. Based in the old style (can opener) rusty Schlitz cans and other obvious signs it had been a boozing spot for many decades. There's got to be a good chance to wander over a keeper. Today I stuck to digging mainly the coin signals with only a couple of hours to hunt. Less than 1/2 hour in a got a really nice coin signal. Again I used only my fingers and fiberglass probe to break up the soil. I was so hoping for a date but I remember all the dateless pre 1925 quarters from when I was a kid so this may have been drop from around the 50's - 60's.
null_zps106b7701.jpg
null_zps0aeba3c6.jpg
came onto this bent copper something that shows no sign of ever being a button.
null_zps8d640658.jpg
null_zps35eb4627.jpg
but the biggest surprise was this can of Billy Beer! I walked up on it in plain sight, moved it enough to see the whole name for the pic. Then I decided to hang onto it for ha-ha's.
null_zps85b2a468.jpg

see my surprise - my what the #%$@? face.
null_zps2356e088.jpg
I never tasted this brew when it came out, dang!
HH-Bruce

I don't think you missed much by not tasting it. Keep up the good finds.

Blaaaaahhhh! Bad beer! Mash 4077 beer was better. But the can is worth about a buck on the collectors market.

[size=large]If ya want to taste it now yer gunna have pay alot for it. Now it's collectable. So is that can you found. Empty or not it is history.
Maybe big brother Jimmy will bribe ya to sell it to him.

HH[/size]

MHirschmann said:
Looks like a fun hunt. I would guess the copper is a railroad penny. Thanks for sharing and HH -Marc
It is!
Good call.
HH !