Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wandering with the V3i & SEF in the woods - pays off...

Ytcoinshooter

null_zpsb8718513.jpg
null_zps60141354.jpg

null_zpsfb5a0bdd.jpg
null_zps8bac22b1.jpg

null_zpsd095a407.jpg

Got an adrenaline rush finding 1/2 then the other 1/2 of the purse frame. Sadly nothing else there! Damn, not like "as seen on TV"! No coins!!! So I kept walking in the woods turning up old pre-pull tab and newer beer cans . finally a solid high tone - quarter or better at 2-3". I kept my Lesche in its sheath and did the hole entirely with my hands as the soil was sandy, loamy and surrounded by pine trees. Ja-ooose in da hole! I did a happy dance, always a huge lift when I pull a walker from the earth. I was swinging my V3i sporting a 12"x10" SEF. Usually I am concerned about hanging this coil up in the brush and branches but the coverage for going random - no pattern in the woods is a trade off. The staining and lines on the silver are common in that environment, that line to the right of liberty was there too. I never rub or field clean silver coins. Weather is getting better for dirt digging AND we need a few more finds on this forum. So whenever I come home with something cool my V detected you'll see it.
HH-Bruce

[size=x-large]SUPER[/size]

I love it.

[size=large]I'll show my finds if you'll just drop that Gold ring off in my park. would love to find a walking liberty or standing. really like those two styles. very nice find. Hope ya find other sisters before the year is out.

HH[/size]

cypearl said:
Seems like sef hits the silver better, nice findings I wish I could get the sef soon.
Earlier in the year I got a silver quarter at a measured 8" that was banging (accurate VDI & tone) even when I raised my coil another 2 inches above. 8" inches on that target is well within the capability of a number of detectors but the strength and certainty of that signal was impressive to me. I've done well with the 12"x10" SEF and it is my go to farm field coil.
HH-Bruce

I like my white one also. Lke you sad handles the ground and good coverage.

Good job on the Walker! Don't you just love that sound when you pass the coil over a silver half?

Continued success and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel