Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want more depth in relic mode? Use

woodchiphustler

22.5 khz only. Give it a try.:thumbup:

Really? Do tell of some of your success with this? I thought that frequency was for gold?

Thanks.

Gold, buttons, minnie balls. It works.

Haven't tried single frequency yet. But have tried the factory preset relic mode. Still a cool screen and audio.

the "medium" frequency just for fun, and a little comparison with my XL Pro and an IDX Pro. I worked a little back-and-forth between 3 frequency and single frequency just to see what I thought. Next week I'll probably head back to work the Vision's Middle frequency some more against my favorite unit, the XL Pro, and compare the high frequency with an MXT.

For that iron target rich site (old logging RR town site), I will say that a single frequency seemed to work a bit "quieter". Not less RF interference as there wasn't any, just less "busy" I guess you'd say.

The Vision just might move from 6th place up to a three-way-tie or 4th place, and who knows what the future will bring. :)

Tied for 1st.. XL Pro & modified IDX Pro
3rd.. XLT
Tied for 4th.. MXT & M6
6th..(and moving up).. Vision/Spectra V3.

I wish White's would have reconsidered and just left the Vision names Vision. There wouldn't have been a problem. If folks are that touchy then First Texas/Bounty Hunter will go after Minelab for their new X-Terra 505 since B.H. has the Pioneer 505. I still just like Vision or Vision Spectra or Spectra Vision.

A rainy wet weekend here in NW Oregon but I hope others can get out and enjoy.

Monte

Monte thaks for the testing with your units, Yes I have a Vision also and I like the name Vision,
It has gusto!!!!!!! Mickfin

Monte said:
I wish White's would have reconsidered and just left the Vision names Vision. There wouldn't have been a problem. If folks are that touchy then First Texas/Bounty Hunter will go after Minelab for their new X-Terra 505 since B.H. has the Pioneer 505. I still just like Vision or Vision Spectra or Spectra Vision.

Monte, you are a Master Jedi in my book when it comes to detecting, but copyrights are best left to others that are skilled in that art. :laugh:

As Intel found out to their chagrin when they tried to sue AMD for using 486 on their microprocessors a few years back. The courts ruled that you can't trademark a number.
That is why after a long number run (ie. 8086, 286, 386, 486) Intel's next was called the Pentium and they never looked back.

In this case, "Vision" is a trademark already owned by Grundig, who is in the same market segment as White's (consumer electronics). Had White's done
a timely trademark search, this wouldn't have happened.