Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want to ask a question

woodbutcher

I see a lot of guys give up they’re settings and I rarely see anyone run the reactivity past 6.. I run my reactivity at 9 or 10 always, and I step into hunted out place all the time and pull coins left and right . I have no doubt if I ran the reactivity at 5 or 6 I’d get skunked alot at these places..If you’ve never tried to jack it up maybe you should give it a try. My go to settings are reactivity 9 or 10,,,,Iron filter at 2,,, sensitivity at 27, multi 2,,,I keep 25,26 a high tone and 40 and up a high tone, everything else is a low tone…I hit a site and noise cancel,ground balance and just pick coins off..If that ID don’t consistently hit 44 and up I don’t mess with it..if the 25,26 ever hits 24 or 27 I don’t mess with it, just walk away..The legend is one of the best unmaskers I’ve ever used, and one of the most accurate ID systems since the etrac..But you gotta run that reactivity to the limit if you really want the best chance of getting everything, it was a real eye opener to me when I first started doing it, I couldn’t imagine going back to 5 or 6 ..

Interesting , I have run 7 and 8 but was fearing it would lose depth in my crappy soil. I'll give it another go now that we are starting to thaw out(y)
I've read about high reactivity losing depth and although I can't say I'm digging 10 inch coins, I am digging the normal 7 to 8 inch coins but the unmasking is just great.. I don't whip my coil either, just a nice steady pace like always and coins don't make no short blip, when I hit a coin its a solid in your face hit.

I was just telling a friend about why I was selling my LG30 coil, it seems sluggish to respond at factory settings in the Park program, I'm going to try setting your settings (if I can actually do that) and see what happens.

I see a lot of guys give up they’re settings and I rarely see anyone run the reactivity past 6.. I run my reactivity at 9 or 10 always, and I step into hunted out place all the time and pull coins left and right . I have no doubt if I ran the reactivity at 5 or 6 I’d get skunked alot at these places..If you’ve never tried to jack it up maybe you should give it a try. My go to settings are reactivity 9 or 10,,,,Iron filter at 2,,, sensitivity at 27, multi 2,,,I keep 25,26 a high tone and 40 and up a high tone, everything else is a low tone…I hit a site and noise cancel,ground balance and just pick coins off..If that ID don’t consistently hit 44 and up I don’t mess with it..if the 25,26 ever hits 24 or 27 I don’t mess with it, just walk away..The legend is one of the best unmaskers I’ve ever used, and one of the most accurate ID systems since the etrac..But you gotta run that reactivity to the limit if you really want the best chance of getting everything, it was a real eye opener to me when I first started doing it, I couldn’t imagine going back to 5 or 6 ..
What coil R U using?

Woodbutcher,

what is ” My go to settings are reactivity 9 “. Reactivity is it recovery speed your are talking about? Cannot find reactivity in the manual.

i was at a site today under some power lines, the big ones. Had the recovery speed on 9 and sensitivity at 27.. Was getting some chatter, not much but a some blips and beeps.. dropped sensitivity to 25, still getting feedback from the power lines.. figured I’ll deal with it.. started swinging and the emi actually went away almost totally, when I stopped swinging it came back.. As long as that coil was moving I was good..pulled 2 flat buttons in 15 minutes from a small colonial site I’ve smashed for the last 12 months hard..High reactivity really wakes these machines up imo

Hi Woodbutcher, It’s funny that you noticed that. I did the same thing and visited old sites and managed to recover targets that I misssed previously. I use the smalller LG-24 coil and sometimes use the single freq. set at 20 kHz and get good results. The last three hunts in local parks, I have found at least 1 ring in the 11-20 VDI #s On each visit, one day 3 rings, short hunts only a couple hours.
Stan

Back to the park I must go, high ho high ho!!

Running a high recovery speed works especially well in places that you know targets will not run that deep…. I set a high recovery speed when hunting tot lots and it helps a lot !