Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wanted a Gold brick and got this.....?

burlbark

I was talking to my detecting buddy yesterday telling him that I really wanted to find a Gold brick.

GOD works in mysterious ways.

Well today I stumbled upon this overloading signal at around 10". I thought for sure it was a coke can or a underground pipe that was abandoned. I decided to dig it after walking away the 2nd time. Much to my surprise it is brick/ingot of copper. I have ran into this kind of stuff before and had it turn out to be 5-7k Gold. The old copper refining left the gold behind. So it may be a low karat mix. I am a little shocked.

Yes it is very heavy:wiggle:

That's pretty cool, no matter what it is. :clapping:

When I get overloads from coke cans, they always show very shallow depth (even if they're actually very deep). You were right to dig -- obviously! :)

Next time wish for anything 24K.

Well it cleaned up nice and I could do more to it but I will wait until I test it. The color is definitely much more yellow than I was expecting.... I am a little excited. The ring on top is 14k and is very similar in tone.

I found a brick similar to urs not as long but from what I can tell looking at ur pic its alot thicker. I thought it was bronze but seeing ur looks the same so I was wondering how u cleaned urs up and what the test results were. Ill try to post pic later

Well... what a a coincidence, I check the forum and this is up on top. I used muriatic acid to etch it and loosen the patina and then a wire brush followed by a buffing wheel. Wear a respirator and be in the open air if you clean it. I still have not tested mine.

Thank u wasnt sure how to go about it, yeah when I found it didnt know what to think. I found it at a old homestead dateing to mid 1800 . Its just been siting with the rest of my finds and ur the first person to know anything about it , tho I did have another guy suggest it could be gold but hearing the way u explained it makes sense. Ill let u know how the cleaning goes, and testing when I can get it done. Thanks again

What ever it is, bronze or copper.. Gold!!!! the salvage price on the other two are good.

Nice Find! Congratulations!

Still hadn't has a chance to clean it up yet with the holidays coming and work but will give me something to do on the snowy days , im going to try to post a pic off my cell dont kbow if it will work. U will notice it looks alittle rusty right now I have cleaned it up soaking it in warm water and scrubing it with soap just thinking it was steel at first. There r two small wholes in it which u can see one going about half way thru it, dont have a idea what caused this but both whole r very smooth and the deepest going at a angle.i had to reduce the size for the pic to down load hope u can see them ok.