Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WANTED: BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRO

HELLO, I AM LOOKING FOR A BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRO WITH ANALOG ID METER.
THE DETECTOR CAME IN RED, VERY KEWL FOR BACK IN THE DAY, ALSO HAD KILLER DEPTH FOR IT''S TIME
VERY NOSTALGIC TO ME.

I FOUND A PHOTO OF THE DETECTOR ONLINE, I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN FINDING ONE.
THANKS ...TONY

YOU SAID YOU WANTED A BIG BUD PRO BUT SHOWED A PHOTO OF A 220 WHICH IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE BIG BUD PRO

THE BIG BUD PRO IS ALL BLACK NO RED

I HAVE ONE BUT NOT FOR SALE READ MY POST WITH HEADING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY FINDS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT I FOUND

WITH MY BIG BUD PRO

Hey af647..............! Good to see someone still using this detector besides me. :cheers:
I just love my "modified the hell outta it" 220D. Sure I'd like to have a "4500" but I'd like to have a new Camero too! :crazy: I'll be looking forward to your posting.

I think Tony found that pic on my site. "Big Bud Pro" was all the info I had for it and the pic is too tiny to see any details. I have manuals for eight different "Bud" detector models. The 220 is one of the later Big Bud Pro models, according to a PDF manual I have. It is also referred to as "Select 220" in that same manual, and there is also a Select 220-D.

At the moment, I have no idea what the differences between all of them are. I'd be glad to add more info about them to my site. I don't have many "Bud" pics, mostly just the manuals in text format. Those I need to read through and edit before putting them online.

-Ed

I have a bountey hunter big bud that needs some work.Does anyone know where to send it to get it repaired?

I'd contact Bounty Hunter to see if they still have parts for it. They'll do the best job for you, as they tend to replace with new parts, which can be a new coil and control board. If it's just a connector issue, they may only repair that. You won't know your options and costs till you contact them.

Next up is Keith Wells, www.brokendetector.com, but he can be somewhat spendy. He goes through the entire machine and also field tests it before returning it to you. I'd check frst for costs and availability before sending.

-Ed

I have a 220-D. It's black. It's digital on the display (I think that's what the "D" means) Models without the "D" use an analog meter.

Tony,

I had a Big Bud Pro EXACTLY like the one in the picture, it was (as I remember) just marked Big Bud Pro. The coil was not quite the same, as it had "arrows" pointing to the center for helping pinpoint, but it looked almost exactly the same.

I bought a Whites (can't remember the model) and the wife started detecting with me using the BBPro, she LOVED it. When hard times hit us in 1997, we sold both... she has never forgotten that BBP, and I am determined to find one, as I have since bought 2 other detectors which are more complicated, and she won't attempt to use them! Want to get her back in the hobby.

SO... I too am looking for a BBPro, RED, BTW. If anyone finds one, PLEASE let me know if there is another available!

Thanks,

Ed
usmc.grunt@live.com
Good Hunting

Hello,
I was told by my son-in-law that the vert first Big Bud Pro that the box was a purplish color and made by George Paine does anyone know what model that was he says it was the best of all the Big Bud Pro models Cheers Bill

I know of a big bud pro se for sale. Contact Keith of East Texas Metal Detectors. He might still have it.

I see this is a very old post but I just picked up two bounty hunters one is a big bud Pro and the other one is a black big bud the pro is red I got them both for $5 each at a flea market

Yes, that’s the BB Pro SE

Very nice Payne machine, great tones like the Mark 1 LTD, just not as many as the Mark.

Aaron

hello all i found a big bud body but has bo s pole or coil does any have a s pole and coil that would work on the big bud thanks
Tony in CT

tony369412 said:
hello all i found a big bud body but has bo s pole or coil does any have a s pole and coil that would work on the big bud thanks
Tony in CT

I have a rod system,but the previous owner used a hack saw to cut the arm cuff off the upper pole when he shipped it to me. You'll have to reattach it. It is from a 'Bud Lite' and has the lower pole. PM me if you're interested.