Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wanted gold,settled for silver.

blade310

I have not found any gold this year,so I decided to hit a a couple ballfields and dig every possible gold signal I got. I was out there for seven hours. I usually don't save the pull tabs I dig but this time I wanted to see how many I got so I saved them. I used my Atpro with the 5x8 DD coil. Pro zero,Iron notched at 40 ( I would lower it once in a while when I thought a coin may be masked) sensitivity at one notch below max. I tried to run max sens.but the Atpro kept acting up. At one notch below max it ran smooth. I tried setting the freq. on #2 just to see what might happen. I was hitting quarters in the low to mid 90s. Normally my Atpro hits on quarters at 84,85,86. And when there are two or more quarters in the hole it will hit hi 80s or low 90s.I hit a nickel that bounced around 64,65. and a few more that hit 47,48,49. normally for me nickels will hit in the area of 50,51,52,54,56, 52 is always the dominate number. If a 52 does not hit several times with any combination of those other numbers I know its not a nickel . Those newer pull tabs were hitting as high as 77 and as low as 50. it was kind of like hunting with a whole new detector.I thought maybe it was because I had set the freq on #2 so I set it back to #1 and that did not make a difference. finally I had that specific area hunted and moved away and every thing seemed to go back to what I call normal.Oh,I also hit a dime at 71,72,73, in that area.So was this because of the ground conditions in that area? The area was super trashy and lots and lots of deeper Iron. I am assuming all the deeper iron was the reason I could not max the sens but could run smooth one notch down from max?
Anyway That little DD coil has become my best friend.Especially in a trashy area like this one. some times I had to swing so slow that I was almost motionless. If I would swing at my normal speed all I heard were many,many targets blended together. and when I creeped along and went super slow on the swing I could pick out the coin signals. I am sure this place has been hunted before cause there are three tot lots that are cleaned out.I am guessing who ever has hunted it was using a bigger coil and just not able to hear the good stuff through all the junk.

I found a small tractor with missing wheels,and a car to add to my vehicle collection. one presidential dollar coin, 49quarters, 45 dimes, 20 nickels, (Atpro was hot on the nickels) 80 Penny's. One penny was a wheat 1951 D. for a total of 195 coins, for $19.55 . And the biggest silver ring I have ever seen 16.2 grams 50 pulltabs

I dug at least as many pieces of can confetti as I did pull tabs. And probably a couple dz wads of tinfoil. No gold. :rant: Big silver. :super: The ring hit at a solid 92. marked 925.

7 hrs hunting MAN that a long time I think I max at 2, its amazing howmany coins you dug, 49 quaarters"" thats just a mega amount not to mention all the other stuff, I dont think I would want to hunt that spot after you swept thru it . Good going

Thanks Doc, Gunnar I normally don't hunt more than 4-5 hours even then I am hurting pretty bad,mostly back and knees. last year I did a 10 hour hunt and had a hard time getting in the car and driving home.I did ten hours that day cause the coins kept coming bout 30.00 worth and a small silver ring. yesterday I was stubborn and wanted to find some gold. I hurt as bad after yesterdays seven hours as I did after the ten hours last year. next year I guess I'll max out at four or five hours. I'm still determined to find some gold by the end of the year Best of luck in your hunts guys.

Thats freaking superb! :clapping: I was out for 7 hrs today myself...just clad, 171 for 14.42 so you beat me today old Pal!:buds: Except for the Wheat! I got a 50d which is one year older than the one you found! :rofl: One of these days we will have to have a shootout...looks like!
Mud

Blade, super nice ring! Clad is always welcome and sure does add up. Speaking of adding up.... MUD, the clad you find is incredible!

Mud I have'nt hit 2000 coins yet and am at less then 200.00 . you would smoke me, but of course I'm game. what are your totals now? have you hit the 10,000 coins yet? no matter, you still have a month to go. you may just hit 12,000. I'm rootin' for ya. Got me on the wheat lol. next time my friend. Best of luck

Blade, You have the skills to hold your own with anyone here on these forums, both in number and quality of finds! I doubt I could smoke you hunting after seeing this hunt of yours, I think we'd be about even, have a great time and then have a beer! :buds: Those are powerful pictures of the good finds and the trash all mixed in, anyone that can pull that many targets in a days hunt is experienced. Looks like the ground wont freeze here for at least a week, so I'll just diddle around and get my count. I was very happy to see you got out and hit it! Big clad count and heavy silver is a memorable day, thanks for taking us along!!
Mud

That's a lot of digging - congrats on finding the great looking Ring !

Thanks guys.