Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

War of 1812

ajaj

Some exciting finds this weekend from norther Lake Champlain. The AT Pro was working its magic along the rocky shores and in the water (no wetsuit...legs got blue-ish!). In addition to a silver thimble and silver 1926 Ein Schilling, a 12th Regiment button from circa 1814...

Lake Champlain is not kind to large copper cents...the one pictured was luckily found in sandy soil inland.

aj

Those are some pretty strong finds. LC looks in great shape, strong detail and love the button. :thumbup: HH jim tn

That's so cool! And in such good shape to be so old! I bet you're proud of it. Congrats on a sweet find!

That water sounds mighty cold AJ. But, you and the Pro are dialed in and those are some sweet goodies!!

Just a quick update on the 12th Regiment Infantry button; I'm donating it to www.12thinfantry.org so they can have a genuine artifact of their group from 1812.

aj

ajaj said:
Just a quick update on the 12th Regiment Infantry button; I'm donating it to www.12thinfantry.org so they can have a genuine artifact of their group from 1812.

aj

This gesture will honor you :clapping:.
You did a good hunt. Congrats

Outstanding work in the cold water Brother! :clapping: Good on ya for going in, and better yet for your kind gesture of dedication to the museum.:please:
Mud

Fantastic bits of history ! I've dreamed of hunting Lakes George & Champlain. I've toured the areas. Even did a little water hunting once off a diamond point resort swim area and got a 14K band.
Man you are in a prime area for early U.S. - but you know that...pardon my drool... :clap: